Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there basicaly i have a 407 taxi rhr engine code. as you being a taxi its done few miles and has had a few replacement engines aswell. i have put 2 new engines in now and also changed the turbo ect. since i done the change agen the engine i had was running fine as i drove it home before taking the engine out and also had perfect power. it had that much i drove home in 6th gear. since putting it in the new engine in i get over took the lorrys up the hills ect. took it took a garage today and the bloke says it says no boost pressure. he found there was a leak in the actuator vac pipe and repaired it. since he done that it has been really lumpy and black smoke still no power . so i phoned him up and took it back down and he has then took the electric plug off and has stoped it againt but is just running the same asif it was non turbo. could anyone help me as its been pritty much the same since i done the first engine change . yes i have connected everythink up ok when doing this change over and any way off telling if the turbo is blown itself ect

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
How much of the engine in the car now is from the doner vehicle did you swap everything over including turbo etc.

If you did then it has to be wiring or a vacuum fault

·
Registered
134 Posts
Maybe first check vacuum at the boost control solenoid. Pull the hose off the solenoid ( top left near bulkhead) and put finger over it to see if it's pulling

Need fault code check or proper diag to check boost control solenoid is altering the vane position.

Could try a new boost solenoid ( or temporarily swap one of the two down at the front of the engine with it) to see if it's causing the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts