Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Can some please confirm if my car is safe to drive! From time to time I'm getting a red P warning light with a beep when i start my car. It doesn't do it every time but it is annoying when it does! I drive a 2005 407se 2.0hdi. I have recently had it serviced and had new disks and pads all round as well as break fluid but of course the light never comes on when at the mechanic!! Sods law lol. any help would be greatly appreciated Davey

·
5,040 Posts
Manual??

Sent from my Lenovo TB-7304F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Peugeots are prone to false warnings when the voltage is low (e.g. when the starter is operated with a low or failing battery). If it only happens when the starter is operated, check the engine off and engine on battery voltages.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you IanML for taking the time to give me an answer. I do appreciate it.
I'll look into it many thanks Davey

·
5,040 Posts
Mine was doing this for awhile,and although I never got to pinpoint anything for certain, my brake light switch failed and I replaced it. Never realised until now but the red 'p' beep hasn't made a reappearance

·
5,040 Posts
Yea that's the one,but wasn't an abs sensor on mine
Is it the handbrake warning?

If so it's probably an iffy ABS sensor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi rwb, funny enough one of my sensors was faulty approx 5k miles ago. I actually had two new sensors fitted as i was getting the ABS and ESP lights coming on and staying on. Hopefully it's not another sensor! Thank you for your reply Davey

·
5,040 Posts
Which sensors were changed?? And how were they diagnosed. Might be worth getting it plugged back in see what faults are stored.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As far as i'm aware it was the ABS sensors that was changed. Was just the local mechanic who used his own hand held tablet that he plugged into my car.

·
5,040 Posts
So where is local??? Someone could be close to you with pp2k

1 - 12 of 12 Posts