Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feel free to add to this but from memory am i right in thinking that the following are the most usual problems you get on the 407?

1. Bad earth on rear lights causing brake light problems/dash warning
2. Lower ball joints failing at 20K+ miles
3. Heaters stopping working on one side
4. Clutch/DMF failing early
5. DPF clogging/regeneration problems
6. Display in centre console fading when warm
7. Tyre pressure sensors corrode/give wrong readings

Any more to add?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i think ive had pretty much most of them go on mine in eighteen months of ownership and im starting to get a little fed up of it now:rolleyes:

My plan was to buy another newer 407 SW but now im not so sure

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
There is only one car i can think of that can beat the 407 for faults and that was my BMW 328CI major faults as well must have spent as much as car cost on repairs never again keep your beamers :mad:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
faults

My 407; engine cooling fan, glow plugs, preheating relay, fuel cap sensor, dmf- clutch, wheel bearings, rear light earth issue, display fading, now code Po422/cat/turbo, bulbs, and drive shaft inner boot. All since mid Oct. 2011 and I bought low mileage to avoid problems!!
Oh add to that DPF filter clean and fluid top up.

!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Cannot be as bad as Vectras.

Previous car was a 1.8 sxi petrol, Vectra C, 52 plate. Bought it with 72k miles, by the time I sold it 21 months later, I had spent more on it than I bought the car for originally. Traded it in for £700 and bought my 407.

I have bought a 56 plate, 2.0L diesel 407, SE Luxury, with 55k miles. Got a full warranty to cover everything for 6 months, but will extend it after that. :thumb:

I'm hoping for cheaper motoring now, as I do approx 25k-30k miles per annum. :cool:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Hope you enjoy your purchase. I certainly like driving the 407, fuel economy is good too. You'll find this forum will help you get the best from it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts