Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help please.

The rear glass screen will not stay closed on my 07 407. I am told it could be the micro switch or wiring on the glass corroding. (Dealer tells me they sell a small loom to stick on the glass to bypass break)
Is there a way of isolating the problem? As i do not want to waste £40.00 on a micro switch if not needed. The problem makes the car unusable as I cannot leave it anywhere unlocked.
I also cannot make sense of how it works, there appears to be electrics going to top and the bottom of the catch. Where is the micro switch?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The micro switch is in the handle.You can open the handle with a small flat screwdriver. There is a small hole,just push with the screwdriver.Cut the wires,insulate them and problem solved.You will still be able to unlock it from the remote.
P.S. excuse my english.
cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi JollyRoger.

Thanks for your quick reply, I hope I do not appear stupid but I cannot get my head round the workings of this switch.

Why are there wires going to the body catch as well as the window? Does the window part have a mercury gravity switch as my old Citroem XM used to have? I cannot see what triggers the actual body catch itself.

So if I can understand you correctly the little hole for the screwdriver is on the inside of the glass? But why will cutting this wire make the body catch part revolve and hold the window closed?

Sorry if I seem a bit dim on this, your help is much appreciated.

Your English is better than mine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi,
i took some pictures of my car,hopefully they will help you.Just remove the cover gently and you will see the switch.My was not just corroded but rotten and there was a short circuit that was keeping it unlocked all the time.No there is no mercury gravity switch as your old Citroem XM.(my favorite car).
Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks JollyRoger.

I really appreciate your help, I would be out there now if it wasn't for a foot of snow covering the car.

·
5,087 Posts
Thanks JollyRoger.

I really appreciate your help, I would be out there now if it wasn't for a foot of snow covering the car.
wimp..............:lol::lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Don't know what you mean.... 9degC here now :lol: but its raining.... again :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts