Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the dreaded bulb failure warning light showing up for the last couple of weeks for rear left indicator and brake light. Both bulbs being OK.

Today decided to fix it. When I dismantled the rear light cluster I notices that a some of the bulbs where slack in their socket. Tried a quick fix first, and carefully pushed all of the steel earth contacts in to give a tighter fit to the bulb. Some you can push from behind, some you have to prise forward with a small screwdriver/hooky spiky thing. Also pulled up the brass contacts at the bottom.

Took the car for a run, no bulb failure warning came up. Might have fixed it. Fingers crossed.

Malcolm.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I get this every 6 months. I simply take out the brake bulb in the left rear, clean with WD-40 and replace. Sometimes the indicator bulk is lose so take out and put back. Also I remove the white wire cluster clip on the back of the light cluster, get a cotton bud, clean with WD-40 and replace. Will then be fine for 6 months or until the damp get in again.

·
Registered
424 Posts
it will be the earth

I had this and I managed to put it off for a couple of years by unplugging the lights, wiping the connectors with a cloth and plugging them back in again

eventually though the more times you do this the quicker the fault starts coming back each time and eventually you'll have to sort it out properly

there's a guide on here somewhere for it, shouldn't be too hard to find.... if you're not sure what you're doing it can take you a while but if you're confident at wire crimping and drilling metal (I didn't have the right drill bits to hand when I had a go) it shouldn't take too long

1 - 6 of 6 Posts