Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im new here and just bought a 2005 407 sw 2.0hdi and it has many faults but starting at the rear with the lights. i read up about the rear lights earth burning up. which mine has both sides and causes a fault on the dash. I done the re wireing method that i found online and now non of my lights work at the back (befor they all worked just had a fault on the dash) what have i done wrong!?

the rewireing guide was removed old earth drill hole in light board bolt new wire thought hole and earth to the car, is that right ?

Where is the fuse for the rear lights ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tested all the wires going in to the light and im only geting 6volts on all the conections on both sides

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Sounds like a high resistance connection. Put the voltmeter probes either side of the connection - it should read zero (no volts dropped across the connection). If it reads your missing volts, there's your problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still broke iv noticed that i have indicator lights but not very bright but when i turn lights off they stop buutttt .. when indicators are on the boot interiour light flashes to!! What has gone wrong ???

·
5,087 Posts
I say its the earth mod you did, are you 100%certain you drilled into the earth track ??

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
If 407-josh has connected the earth to the hole shown in his pic, then it is correct. I agree it really sounds like an earthing problem, so would question where the other end is connected.
It most definitely is not a multi-layered pcb (not a pcb at all in fact), it is a metal track added to the plastic moulding.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Measure voltage between the metal track and a good earth on the car, when the rear lights,etc are on. It should be zero volts. Any substantial voltage indicates a high resistance connection.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a 407 1.6 HDI 2004 model with this problem. Added a wire to one side by drilling through track as you have. I bolted the wire to the lamp retaining stud inside the boot and it worked. When I had to replace the other lamp cluster, the replacement came with an additional Earth tab which I connected to the nut on that side.
I think you've done the right thing at the lamp end. Could you post a pic of what you've done at the other end of the wire? I am really confident that is where your problem lies.
When you're indicators come on, the return current can't find a way to earth (chassis) and so returns through all the other lamps. That's why they flash too. This current is traveling via the common track (the one you drilled) that should be connected to the earth/chassis but isn't.
I now have a facelift 2.0hdi 2009 model which is a lot less trouble.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts