Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i have just bought a 407 se 2ltr it does not have the radio with the sim card reader and sat nav i have found one on ebay can i just buy it and fit it or does it have to be done by peugeot :nono:

·
Registered
862 Posts
hammie said:
hi
i have just bought a 407 se 2ltr it does not have the radio with the sim card reader and sat nav i have found one on ebay can i just buy it and fit it or does it have to be done by peugeot :nono:
Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:
It would be a straight forward swap. try not to use peugeot if you can as they will rape you with there labour chargs (£75-£85 per hour) + vat.

·
Registered
862 Posts
hammie said:
will it work straight away or will i need recivers or programs
:confused:

Not 100% sure that it will plug and play straight away,possibly it will need software updated,will look into it though.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Spoke to a peugeot tech and he reckons you will need a software update. the display screen will not pick up the signal from a different more advanced head unit.

·
Registered
945 Posts
its not as simple as that mate...

in order to use it, your car needs to have the satnav antenna installed. you need a software cd to initialize it.. it not plug and play..

the RT3 system fitted in the car is connected to the sound system and its complicated. it has the rear parking sensor control and other stuff etc

have a wee go at it, i would advise you to sell the stuff back on ebay.. if you want to spend money than contact Peugeot.. the new system from them costs £1500 fitted..

moose, well done mate, you have done it again.. lol

·
Registered
945 Posts
let us know how you get on

1 - 10 of 10 Posts