Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
newbie here so please be gentle!

I have a Peugeot 407SW 2005 1.6 hdi, This morning i got in and turned on my radio - after approx 10 seconds it made a sort of popping sound from all the speakers and then turned off, it comes back on by itself about 5 seconds afterwards, but every 10 seconds it pops again and turns off,

This just continues cycling thru popping, turning off and then turning back on again, regardless of whether i have the cd or radio on, when it does come on the sounds itself is fine, (albeit only for 10 seconds ata a time!)

It sounds like its shorting out (?) but surely this cant be the case as its happening so regularly..... I'm thinking possible the radio itself is somehow overheating (?) but has anyone here come across anything similar?

I dont want to go to a main dealer tbh as I know thre just going to say 'yeah replace the head unit at xxx £'ss ' - Which I simply cant afford!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
my 407 radio cuts out also....

I know it's been almost 9 months since you have posted the problem about your 407 radio but i was just wondering if you have resolved the issue as i have exactly the same problem with my radio on my 407, every 10 secs it cuts out and the speakers pop.. very annoying. :mad:

·
Registered
2 Posts
earthing?

Hi Guys, New to the forum but it may be that its bot earthing properly by the sounds of it. Find out which wire is for the earth and connect somewhere with a good earthing i.e. chassis - worth a pop

·
Registered
75 Posts
From the sounds of things, I would say that the hard-drive inside your RT4 has failed, seems to be fairly common problem.

Only issue is that the replacements can cost quite a bit of money as they are industrial grade hard-drives.

I am in the process of trying to convert my RT4 unit to use compact flash via an IDE adapter, but having very limited success, fortunately... my original hard-drive is still working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.