Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi 2007 16oo hdi poor fuel consumption around town 29 to 33 and on a long run motorway 300 miles worked out 42 mpg car starts and runs fine not misfiring nice and smooth please help thanks Pullover

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
407 poor fuel

Hi the cars due service in 4400 servicing has been done by peugeot dealer since new its on 61k at mo

C

·
0 Posts
What type of driving is car mostly used for eg town, short journeys or good blasts dowm mway?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What type of driving is car mostly used for eg town, short journeys or good blasts dowm mway?
to work 5miles but did do 300 mile on motorway and it worked out 42mpg but i will change the filters when the weather gets a bit warmer thanks pullover

C

·
0 Posts
If it's mostly short journeys this won't help dpf, they need good regular blasts on mway to stop it from clogging.

J

·
0 Posts
That is not all that bad a fuel consumption :nono: I've seen worse :lol:

Will be lower at the minute due to cold weather too

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fuel consumption pp2000

Hi does someone in the Bristol area have a pp2000 that can maybe diag my poor fuel consumption car runs fine no smoke not misfiring nice and smooth but 30mpg around town and 42mpg motorway 407 sw 2007 1600 hdi help

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
If you find an answer I would be interested because you are matching my consumption. Got 43.4 last time with town and 2 trips Newark to Bolton, Bolton Newark on motorways at 70mph when possible

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
If your 42mph was entirely motorway It must have been the m25. I would expect more than 42mpg from all-inclusive motorway work.

J

·
0 Posts
Before going down the diagnostic route, lets start with the basics...
- when did you last check tyre pressures?
- have you got a roof rack on?
- do you carry weight around in the boot?
- when was the last service? filters inparticular?

See to all the basic things first before going straight down the "diagnostics its got a fault" approach.

Don't forget, at this time of year, and particularly now as its pretty cold, your consumption will increase :nod: something to do with diesel being more dense... go to the arctic, and it might solidify :eek:

·
Registered
231 Posts
:)I have the 2.0 hdi and i have been keeping a eye on my fuel mpg. My trip to work early morning with no traffic on roads is 4 miles if i go on the bypass and i average 37mpg. If i cut through newark town still no traffic at the time i go, its only 2 mile trip to work but my mpg is 28mpg, this is all normal driving and being gentle with the throttle.
Last week i did a 40 mile trip down the A46, i was keeping it around the 50-60 mark and the car returned 54mpg. Yesterday i went down the A1 to Grantham and back doing 80 mph on the A1 and the car returned 40 mpg. I have just serviced my car and no faults are showing.

·
Registered
231 Posts
See after you do a journey today , get out and using the back of your hand check the brake discs for excessive heat .
:)After a short trip back from work around 4 mile, i touched the discs seeing i had not used the brakes much. The front were warm and the rear were a lot warmer, so perhaps the brakes might be sticking slightly. My rear pads need changing to be honest, so might be good idea to give them a good clean.:)

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Well a small improvement today, small bit of town work in Boston, then a17 to newark and cross pennine m62 to atherton. again 5 miles tops in town, back to lincoln dual/motorways and back to ferrybridge A1, I got 45.7. I will check my brakes next time out for heat and see what happens.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 1.6hdi 407. Bought the car for it's frugal fuel usage.

I do 10 mins town/A roads, then 30mins Motorway, followed by 20mins A roads/town. 40 miles in total (each way to and from work, 80 mile round trip, Maidstone to Croydon)

I get 49/50mpg on the display, an actual of 45/46mpg, when you work out the mileage vs litres used. That's travelling at +5 over the speed limits, and 75-80 on the motorway. I get 600miles to a tank basically.

I have gone on an eco warrior war, seeing as diesel has gone up so much! Well I tried for a full tank of fuel. Driving between 60-65 mph on the motroway, I got a display of 54-56mpg, an actual of 50mpg-ish.

Trust me driving at 60-65mph on the motorway may have given me 60 more miles to a tank, but I was either going to go round the twist, or be killed by lorries that aren't restricted to 60mph!!

A lot of fuel economy I guess come from how urgent your drive from A to B is.

Well that's what I found any way.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts