Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 407 sw 2006, trying to link my phone to the car. Highlighted the phone option on the centre display, then ok selection then highlight another option but no go with pairing, deleting or any other option. How do i know if the car is fitted with the hardware, anyone know where it is on the car? Also got a small phone icon with a slash through it on the top of the display???????????
Any feedback greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
909 Posts
put the bluetooth on your phone then search for the car, the car should pick the phone up, its been a while since i did mine so not 100%. If you have the handbook it explains it in there.
The phone symbol with the slash thru it means its not connected to a phone

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just bought a 407 sw 2006, trying to link my phone to the car. Highlighted the phone option on the centre display, then ok selection then highlight another option but no go with pairing, deleting or any other option. How do i know if the car is fitted with the hardware, anyone know where it is on the car? Also got a small phone icon with a slash through it on the top of the display???????????
Any feedback greatly appreciated.
Hi js69 follow what 407xjr says and it will tell you what to do(make sure bluetooth on phone is activated) and the car will search for your phone.pete407sw.::nod:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have tried all options i can think of plus all you guys have suggested but no go still. Thanks all anyway.

·
5,028 Posts
Next option is someone with planet to check its all configured properly

·
Registered
464 Posts
Just got my 2006 407sw on the road (at long last) and had to set up the phone myself today - it's actually fairly straightforward so let's see if I can remember the steps and help you out assuming you have the same RD4 stereo I have....

1. Turn the ignition key so the dash lights up but don't start the car.
2. Make sure bluetooth is on, on your phone, and tell it to seach - it should find "407" - tell it to pair/connect.
3. (possibly 4) The display on the car should ask if it's ok to pair, just click OK on the radio.
4. (possibly 3) Enter 1234 as the PIN on your phone to connect to the car.

I'm not 100% sure if the car asks if it's ok before or after you put the PIN into the phone hence the possibly's...

Worked fine for my HTC One S - but I'm having other issues - it sometimes connects as soon as I start the car, other times, it won't connect even if I tell it to manually which is annoying as it was flawless on the JVC head unit I have in my old 306.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for that bigslavey, you would think it was straight forward wouldn't you. tried all of that. Popped into my local pug dealer, they wanted £72 + vat to plug her in to see whats configured on my car. in the end a guy came out to the car and tried everything i had and came up with, ''I've worked on Toyotas for 9 years and been with Peugeot 2 weeks, so not sure really!''
Back to basics i think, just pull over like the old days!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks all once again.
Whats Planet by the way?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Planet, or Peugeot Planet 2000 to give it it's full name, is the software Peugeot use to diagnose faults and configure settings on Pugs which aren't accessible thru the normal controls.

It's made up of a specific cable (a lexia interface) and a software installation and is available via various sources for around about the £70-100 mark. When you bear in mind Peugeot will charge you almost that much just to use it on your car, it's considered a worthwhile investment by many (including me).

Lots of members have these setups and there's probably one near you who'd be willing to plug into your car and have a look for the price of a few pints as opposed to the cost of a full night out!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts