Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this might be a long shot but I have changed the passenger compartment humidity sensor but is still coming up as a fault.
because of this fault the vehicle wont do a regen and the anti pollution fault has just come on.
does anyone know conclusively if there is only one above the glovebox or is there one hidden under the dashboard on the drivers side.
thanks for any help.
mark

·
5,123 Posts
Is there not one up in the reading/courtesy light ???

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
My one 407hdi has the same fault, had it since I got it over a year ago and it does not affect it doing regens. I have not tried to fix it so dont know if there is more than one. Service box only lists one though.

·
Registered
Peugeot 407 Coupe
11 Posts
Just to add in case anyone Stumble upon this post. I had passenger sensor fault in my RHD 407 but it actually tested as working fine. Running Diagbox and viewing live status of the sensors, the one behind the three slots is actually seen as the drivers sensor (would be on LHD). So the passenger sensor fault either relates to the sensor in the vehicle/map light cluster overhead, or it's disconnected. The humidty (evaporation) sensor is in the passenger (driver) sensor only.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Just to add in case anyone Stumble upon this post. I had passenger sensor fault in my RHD 407 but it actually tested as working fine. Running Diagbox and viewing live status of the sensors, the one behind the three slots is actually seen as the drivers sensor (would be on LHD). So the passenger sensor fault either relates to the sensor in the vehicle/map light cluster overhead, or it's disconnected. The humidty (evaporation) sensor is in the passenger (driver) sensor only.

The slot above the overhead map light is for a microphone if you have the navi system factory fitted. Having only one humidity sensor makes sense, the humidity would NEVER vary from driver / pass sides. Passenger fault might be because of the LHD / RHD conversion, something in the BSI is confused!

Around late 2008, heaterbox was replaced completely. In those, there is no humidity sensor in the three slots at all, it's inside the heaterbox.

·
Registered
Peugeot 407 Coupe
11 Posts
Yeah, I just looked at the weekend and only a mic ovehead. Confusingly, Diagbox doesn't show the humidty sensor value, only the drivers (passengers) blower temp and something called Evaporation temp. Both those work, so I assume the humidity sensor just never got mapped into Diagbox, only the fault.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.