Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have Peugeot 407sw hdi 136.
In the last couple of days my radiator fans have been cutting on once the temp gets to 90c +. They continue to run when it gets to the red but comes down after a while , there is fluid in the tank and nothing has been changed.
My initial thought was thermostat? Has anyone else had the same or can shed any light on the subject please.

Man thanks.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi, I have Peugeot 407sw hdi 136.
In the last couple of days my radiator fans have been cutting on once the temp gets to 90c +. They continue to run when it gets to the red but comes down after a while , there is fluid in the tank and nothing has been changed.
My initial thought was thermostat? Has anyone else had the same or can shed any light on the subject please.

Man thanks.

Check radiator and hoses for leaks. However small.
Had same problem with my car. The radiator was leaking from the top. That resulted in air in the system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had a look and can't find any holes or leaks. It did go into the red today and say Stop the car to cool down.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hello
How is the level of your coolant?

If there no any leaks, and is easy to see them, try to bleed the system, this cars are very easy to bleed, they almost self bleed.

Start the car, put your air in hot, check the coolant level. there will be a bleed valve on the thermostat housing open it until a continuous flow of coolant comes out. Close it and check your coolant.

If there are no leaks, this will sort out any air on the cooling system.....

If you suspect thermostat then bleed all coolant, and take the thermostat out and check it...then do the fill and bleed....
Hope you sort it out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts