Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I hoping that someone can help me further to a recent breakdown in my 407 ’06 2.0 HDI (SE 136) and the oil temperature going through the roof.

Unfortunately, the oil temp went through the roof after approximately a 15 mile journey

Initially the car started to judder (as if it was running out of fuel) and then I noticed that the oil temp was in the red. The gauge then shot back to 0 and the car completely died.
No warnings on the dash or STOP warnings

Coolant temp was satisfactory and not excessively high.

RAC confirmed that there was a fault for the Crankshaft sensor on the ECU

Once the oil had cooled, I was able to start the car and drive quickly around the corner to my local garage.
The sensor was changed but yet the oil temp still goes through the roof after such a short drive for which it hit the 140 mark and I pulled over and let it cool before driving back home.

Do we know what could be causing this as I am apprehensive to drive the car now just in case it gets hot or I sit in traffic.

I was wondering if the oil temp sensor was at fault but nothing was said on the diag that both the RAC and local garage completed.

Can you also confirm where the sensor is as I cant find anything about it on line or in the Haynes manual. Is it incorporated into the oil pressure sensor?

The pics were taken with me running the car on drive. I did not run it any further as concerned about it getting too hot.

Thanks in advance as I cant find anything online about this after hours of research

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hi, I hoping that someone can help me further to a recent breakdown in my 407 ’06 2.0 HDI (SE 136) and the oil temperature going through the roof.

Unfortunately, the oil temp went through the roof after approximately a 15 mile journey

Initially the car started to judder (as if it was running out of fuel) and then I noticed that the oil temp was in the red. The gauge then shot back to 0 and the car completely died.
No warnings on the dash or STOP warnings

Coolant temp was satisfactory and not excessively high.

RAC confirmed that there was a fault for the Crankshaft sensor on the ECU

Once the oil had cooled, I was able to start the car and drive quickly around the corner to my local garage.
The sensor was changed but yet the oil temp still goes through the roof after such a short drive for which it hit the 140 mark and I pulled over and let it cool before driving back home.

Do we know what could be causing this as I am apprehensive to drive the car now just in case it gets hot or I sit in traffic.

I was wondering if the oil temp sensor was at fault but nothing was said on the diag that both the RAC and local garage completed.

Can you also confirm where the sensor is as I cant find anything about it on line or in the Haynes manual. Is it incorporated into the oil pressure sensor?

The pics were taken with me running the car on drive. I did not run it any further as concerned about it getting too hot.

Thanks in advance as I cant find anything online about this after hours of research

View attachment 93383

View attachment 93384

View attachment 93385

View attachment 93386 [/

High oiltemp. is never good. It can be of 3 things.
1) not enough oil.
2 clocked oilcooler/filter
3 bad temp.sensor

None of the above will trigger a fault.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Barbaren.

So where is the oil temp sensor and is it part of the oil pressure sensor? I can find nothing on it, unfortunately.
Oil has been checked and no warning about pressure or level

Thanks

·
Registered
751 Posts
The sump doesn't have to come out, no! It's a screwed-in sensor. Looks like the part number is 1131G9 for a 2 litre HDi engine but you can probably confirm with your VIN/plate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts