Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at buying a 407, its a 2007 2.0HDI Auto, has 76000km on the clock. Getting it way under retail price.

Was just wondering if there are any flaws in this model and how are the service/maint cost once the car is out of motor plan.

Are there any things I should look at before buying it?:cool:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Actros said:
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at buying a 407, its a 2007 2.0HDI Auto, has 76000km on the clock. Getting it way under retail price.

Was just wondering if there are any flaws in this model and how are the service/maint cost once the car is out of motor plan.

Welcome to the forum mate.. what kind are you getting.. has it got RT3 in it?

407 is good and what you need to check is the usual..

• service history
  • mileage
  • when was the timing belt replaced

if diesel
  • when was the particulate filter regenerated
  • check all electrics
  • check windows

Good luck with the purchase mate, if you could get it in a good price and its great.. :thumb:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Actros said:
Hi Guys,

Ask to check the lower ball joints,these are a right pain in the ass,also check the clutch isnt stiff.

Here is alist of the recalls for the 407 to date.

http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/recalls/recalls.jsp?modelID=AF&modelName=407&makeName=Peugeot&makeId=D2

G

·
Well, being an auto you miss out on the DMF problems.

What trim level is it? If you're double lucky it'll be an Xline and won't have the FAP system, though I suspect that might have been a UK only model :(

Ball joints are common problems (they were modded from 2008 on) but it's an easy DIY job at worst.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts