Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 57 plate 407 diesel coupe and until a few months back never a days problem and could do with some help with a problem thats causing me so much hassle.

My 407 since December 2010 has been an on-going nightmare with pathetic petty problems i shouldnt be seeing in a 3 and half year old car.

My problem ATM is i cannot get the boot to open via the key-forb or the "0" button, no sound of it trying to open, nothin at all. The only way to open it to fold down the back seat and crawl through to open with a thin screwdriver via the little hole in back of lock.

Now i checked to 2 fuses in the glove box that were marked "deadlocks" their ok, coincidently central locking to doors is fine, so as per other posts i assumed the motorised lock on the boot lid was faulty. Just got a working 2nd hand one and fitted it and its still the same, dead, no effort to open or sound at all.

Does anybody have any idea as to the problem because as the car is its useless as i use it for work and need the boot and the stuff i need to carry would make crawling through to open it with a driver impossible so the cars usless atm.

Really in the last few months my thoughts regarding Peugoet have dived dramatically with the trouble this car has given me. Since December i have had the following:-

• Drivers side heating vanished, just blowing out cold air, remember December was -10 some mornings.
    Peugoets solution, new heater box required, cost £2k. (Sod that i can live with that)..

• Brakepad warning on dashboard going haywire flashing and beeping faults when pads are 6-months old!
    Peugoets solution, new wiring loom from brakepads to back of dashboard needed, cost £450, just for wiring loom not labour. (I solved that myself with some crimps to fix breaks in wire).

• Needed a set of new tyres and Peugoet's legendary tyre valves, corroded of course wouldnt budge.
    Peugoet's solution, New valves and sensors, cost £95 each and a futher £80 to reprogram them if the car didnt accept the replacement sensors & valves, think i can guess it wont. (Just got tyre guy to rip them out and put normal rubber valves in. Car beeps "tyres not monitored" after 40mins use, i can live with that).

Can anybody point me in the direction as to a possible cause of my boot not opening. My worries are Peugoet will say a new wiring loom from boot to dashboard and silly £ too.

Thanks all.

·
5,027 Posts
scottn said:
Hi all,

I have a 57 plate 407 diesel coupe and until a few months back never a days problem and could do with some help with a problem thats causing me so much hassle.

My 407 since December 2010 has been an on-going nightmare with pathetic petty problems i shouldnt be seeing in a 3 and half year old car.

My problem ATM is i cannot get the boot to open via the key-forb or the "0" button, no sound of it trying to open, nothin at all. The only way to open it to fold down the back seat and crawl through to open with a thin screwdriver via the little hole in back of lock.

Now i checked to 2 fuses in the glove box that were marked "deadlocks" their ok, coincidently central locking to doors is fine, so as per other posts i assumed the motorised lock on the boot lid was faulty. Just got a working 2nd hand one and fitted it and its still the same, dead, no effort to open or sound at all.

Does anybody have any idea as to the problem because as the car is its useless as i use it for work and need the boot and the stuff i need to carry would make crawling through to open it with a driver impossible so the cars usless atm.

Really in the last few months my thoughts regarding Peugoet have dived dramatically with the trouble this car has given me. Since December i have had the following:-

• Drivers side heating vanished, just blowing out cold air, remember December was -10 some mornings.
    Peugoets solution, new heater box required, cost £2k. (Sod that i can live with that)..

• Brakepad warning on dashboard going haywire flashing and beeping faults when pads are 6-months old!
    Peugoets solution, new wiring loom from brakepads to back of dashboard needed, cost £450, just for wiring loom not labour. (I solved that myself with some crimps to fix breaks in wire).

• Needed a set of new tyres and Peugoet's legendary tyre valves, corroded of course wouldnt budge.
    Peugoet's solution, New valves and sensors, cost £95 each and a futher £80 to reprogram them if the car didnt accept the replacement sensors & valves, think i can guess it wont. (Just got tyre guy to rip them out and put normal rubber valves in. Car beeps "tyres not monitored" after 40mins use, i can live with that).

Can anybody point me in the direction as to a possible cause of my boot not opening. My worries are Peugoet will say a new wiring loom from boot to dashboard and silly £ too.

Thanks all.
the boot if its the same as the saloon will be a broken wire in the rubber boot that takes the wires from the car to the boot(if that makes sense)

the brake..just unplug the wires from the pads......mines been unplugged for 4 years and 2 sets of pads:thumb:

the valves just find someone in your area(put it in your profile)with peugeot planet to switch that off.

next:lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
trem1 said:
the boot if its the same as the saloon will be a broken wire in the rubber boot that takes the wires from the car to the boot(if that makes sense)

the brake..just unplug the wires from the pads......mines been unplugged for 4 years and 2 sets of pads:thumb:

the valves just find someone in your area(put it in your profile)with peugeot planet to switch that off.

next:lol:
I think i know what you mean. The wires coming from the boot before they disapear into the car body on the left hand side of boot. I was looking at this rubber boot, i take it the wire break with the flexing of the boot opening and shutting?

Brake pads were solved with wire crimps and they tyre valves dont bother me but i may go get them turned off.

Its not as if they flex that much.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
scottn said:
I think i know what you mean. The wires coming from the boot before they disapear into the car body on the left hand side of boot. I was looking at this rubber boot, i take it the wire break with the flexing of the boot opening and shutting?

Brake pads were solved with wire crimps and they tyre valves dont bother me but i may go get them turned off.

Its not as if they flex that much.
hi, wires can snap well easy. all it takes is a little cold weather for a period of time to get the plastic brittle, the plastic splits and allows corrosion and even ice to get in and your done basically.

even the national grid, bt line and even virgin media lines suffer with similar problems. no wire is safe! :thumb:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Trem1

Last page was an interesting read.

I never knew the wires tracked back to a fuse in the boot and sombody has found a break in the rubber boot between the car boot and the chasis.

Does anybody know what voltages on the 3 wires i should be seeing when i press the key-fob or "0" button?

Looks like im going to be busy this weekend searching

·
Registered
4 Posts
Eddie

Can anybody indicate where this hole is to open the boot manually. I have a 2008 407 saloon and have crawled into the boot to no avail. The lock on the car body and boot lid are covered with trim and I can not see any hole in either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts