Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am new at this forum, I am from Malta and I have just bought myself a peugeot 407 2.2hdi GT year 2008.

All is working great but sometimes i get in the car and the LCD screen fro the multifunction display stays off and nothing works i.e no reverse sensors no radio etc etc....... :(

After around 20 mins (not always the same) while driving the peugeot Logo appears and it's fine for a couple of days, then it starts all over again.

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi all,

I am new at this forum, I am from Malta and I have just bought myself a peugeot 407 2.2hdi GT year 2008.

All is working great but sometimes i get in the car and the LCD screen fro the multifunction display stays off and nothing works i.e no reverse sensors no radio etc etc....... :(

After around 20 mins (not always the same) while driving the peugeot Logo appears and it's fine for a couple of days, then it starts all over again.

Any Ideas?

These symptoms are typical to the RT4 system
Possible fault: Hard Drive !
With time, it will simply fail to boot at all and stay stuck on Peugeot logo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for the replies guys.

Yes it is the RT4 system.

What can i do to Repair.

I happen to be an IT engineer so i could clone the hard drive and replace .

Would that work?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Many thanks for the replies guys.

Yes it is the RT4 system.

What can i do to Repair.

I happen to be an IT engineer so i could clone the hard drive and replace .

Would that work?
First you need to make sure it is the hard drive and not something else, i suspect it is the hard drive but that's only a probability
Then you need to find a replacement HDD as the one in RT4 is specific to Automotive, ie, resistant to very cold temperatures
And yes, cloning should work

Regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot mate i think it is the hard disk as sometimes the unit is really slow...... i thought it was running hot or something but a bad hard disk makes sense.

cheers will let you know

1 - 6 of 6 Posts