Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 06 407SW has not been very kind to us, in just over a year that we have had it we have had:

Cam belt ( expected)
rear rollbar links
5 wheel bearings (one under warranty)
2 driveshafts
tyre pressure sensor.
numerous tyres
DPS fluid
window regulator
front discs and pads
rear pads

Recently it again started to misfire - back to peugeot main dealer and they fitted a ' turbocahrger solenoid'

This hasn't helped so they now say a DPF filter 'might' be needed.

No error codes are shown but it is misfiring about once a week for around 10 minutes than runs ok. We are now looking for a spare car as the amount of time this one spends in the garage is unbelievable, but are still reluctant to have parts changed at random to fix it.

Does anyone have any ideas of a more methodical approach to take with this?

Sorry if this appears as a rant, we just sat down and added up how much with have ploughed into this car and are at the point of trying to decide whether enough is enough and getting rid or deciding that so much is put into it we can't stop now!`

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
What motor? Is it a regular missfire or erratic one?

Needs live scan with PP2000/Diagbox to check injector performance, particularly when missfire is present. Check on DPF for loading while doing scan.

Check wiring to injectors for breaks/corrosion and check connection to injectors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This has been an intermittent fault- and I had been going by my wifes description.

Today though I drove it ( 2.0 hdi) seemed down on power but still fine to drive- Mpg was as expected- averaged 52 on the run into town.

started it a bit later and it had no power at all, no obvious missifre unless I took it over 2500 rpm, wouldn't rev much higher about 3k max. It was painfully slow. Called out the AA and they followed me home.

this was the report:

Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control 1 - 53W / Diesel CR/EDC DCM 3.4 Status :p1671 - Road speed limitation. Error Message : Regulation not plausible. Error sporadic. Status :p0299 - Boost pressure control. Error Message : Inadequate pressure attained. Error sporadic. Status :p2562 - Solenoid valve Boost-press. control. Error Message : Inadequate pressure attained. Error sporadic. Status :p2408 - Signal: fuel tank filler cap. Error Message : Additive tank filler cap missing. Error sporadic.followed home

have also noticed that the driverside headlight and side light are dead ( haven't checked the bulbs so could be coincidence)

AA man said he thought it was electrical ( - the turbo solenoid that was changed by Peugeot last week) as the turbo sounded OK and it wasn't smoking. He also said the DPF reading was OK so there was no need to change that at the moment.

Any thoughts on what to do next would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Filler cap magnet sensor might cause it to get a blocked DFP not beeing able to regenerate....

Then it will try to regenerate much more often than normal, and I suppose it can act quite "jerky" during these attempts.

In addition it seem like you have problems with the boost control. Maybe a vacum leak or faulty solenoid etc.?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jerky on Re-Gen

Hi,

my 407 SW 2.0 HDI 100kW had what seemed like a really bad misfire for about 10mins every 300-400km.

I suspected it was DPF regen related.

Eventually found a post which suggested checking the throttle solenoids.

There are two throttles on th intake manifold.
one takes air from the outlet of the Intercooler.
The other takes air from before the intercooler (after the turbo).

when it runs a ReGen cycle, the pre-intercooler (hot air) throttle is opened by vacuum and the post-intercooler (cold air) throttle is closed by vacuum (two different solenoids mounted down near the alternator/aircon pump), this increases the temperature of the inlet air and hence the exhaust temperature to aid in burning off the soot.
the rubber hose connecing the solenoid for the 'hot' throttle to the hard plastic vacuum pipe had a small crack in it on the inside of its bend. You will have to pull the pipe off and flex it to be able to see it.
Replacing that, I only feel a very slight miss as it switches over when it does the regen now.

there is a post by NeeCola, but I can't post links, so here is the title:
/peugeot-407-2-0-hdi-2005-rhr-extreme-hiccups-while-regenerating-191082/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts