Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished servicing a 1.6hdi. Check the mileage. Its getting a bit rattly but its going good. The service interval is set to 15,000kms. Smaller service intervals are the trick to longevity on this engine for sure.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
12,076 Posts
Me too. Day after I got it I did a coast to coast run and it was a beautiful, quiet, comfy drive, didn't feel a bit exhausted.

If it wasn't for the narrow parking bays at my apartment I'd have another tomorrow, probably that one that's in the For Sale section.

·
Registered
909 Posts
mine has a bit to go then, im on 40300 on a 2008 plate.

So looking after them properly, servicin regular is defo a good thing. All these 1.6hdi engines blowin turbos before 60k miles mustn't be gettin serviced??

·
12,076 Posts
Last night I was reading an old AA drivers handbook from the 1960s. It was amazing the wealth of information in there that's no longer passed on. OK, some of it might be irrelevant now (such as the running in of a new engine and changing the oil at 100, 500 and 750 miles - yes I did say 100,500,750!)

But it reminded readers that cars doing short distances should have more regular oil changes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts