Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 407, 55 reg SW and sometimes I have problems locking it.

It's happened twice so far, and both times the back drivers side door will not lock (but the rest of the car locks properly). I called in the RAC last time and he took the door apart, and i think more by luck than judgement managed to get it to work again. Now 10 days later its gone again and I'm unable to lock the door.

I'm all out of ideas. Help please.

·
Registered
6 Posts
having same problem with my 2005 407 rear drivers door wont lock .. are bits expensive? can hear it clicking as if locking, but still opens and alarm activates

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
The locking mechanism's contain very small and quite fragile plastic parts. If one fails then if you are lucky it won't lock. If you are unlucky like I was with a Renault Laguna then it won't unlock. The Renault was cured with a cheap replacement lock mech from a scrapyard and plenty of persuasion to get the offending door to open. No doubt a new lock from a scrapyard will sort out your car as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
407 driver door lock malfunction

Hi all,

Just joined the forum.
Ive got a 407 SE 2004 1997cc petrol Saloon. After having probkem with my car key, I had to order a new car&fob from a Peugeot dealer which should come in teo weeks.
They another fault started. When I close the driver door it triggers the central locking and locks all the doors. I was told the driver door needs a new lock actuator costing me £290!!
I am good with minir repairs, is it something I could do myself? On ebay I coukd get one fir £20-30.

Any help appreciated.

Peter

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hi all,

Just joined the forum.
Ive got a 407 SE 2004 1997cc petrol Saloon. After having probkem with my car key, I had to order a new car&fob from a Peugeot dealer which should come in teo weeks.
They another fault started. When I close the driver door it triggers the central locking and locks all the doors. I was told the driver door needs a new lock actuator costing me £290!!
I am good with minir repairs, is it something I could do myself? On ebay I coukd get one fir £20-30.

Any help appreciated.

Peter
Better off starting your own thread than tagging on to a post from 2014.
Malcolm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts