Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whats up with it
the ends been loose and falls off ever since we've had it and if you go to dip you lights you knock the switch and that turns the lights off now when you turn the switch it wont turn the lights on which is a pain lights are auto so can carry on using for now but cant manually turn on the lights

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got no idea its a 2006 55 plate 2.0hdi se would i be able to replace this without having diagnostic equipment as i dont want to end up with a load of lights on in the dash

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
got no idea its a 2006 55 plate 2.0hdi se would i be able to replace this without having diagnostic equipment as i dont want to end up with a load of lights on in the dash
if it has esp then it may need the angle sensor calibrating

i ask what comms unit it is as i might have one here for sale or i might have the bits that are faulty

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

i ask what comms unit it is as i might have one here for sale or i might have the bits that are faulty
im not sure of specs ect on things im just your average enthusiast mechanic i restore classic minis its just the other halfs car and she asked me if i would change it dont really like the idea of removing the steering wheel with having the air bag etc im guesing somethings broken in it as the end wont hold on

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

im guessing has esp as theres an esp off button near the ash tray cruise control auto lights auto wipers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sounds similar to mine, same year, reg and engine, could be another Valeo com2003.

Just about to have a go at changing mine over now. ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds similar to mine, same year, reg and engine, could be another Valeo com2003.

Just about to have a go at changing mine over now. ;)
ours is a pain when you dip the lights you sometimes knock the switch and lights go out which is a pain when you live where i do in the middle of nowhere down a country road and then you lights go out the other car must think im a right numpty PLEASE let me know how you get on as the job sounds a pain and i cant afford to muck up the car as she needs it daily for work and the school run the reason im not too bothered is because the lights are auto anyway so i wont even use the bloody switch and the switch still works its just irritating

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well I've done it, new com unit in place, and everything is working as it should. Fairly easy job tbh, just make sure you leave the battery disconnected for half hour or so before starting to avoid blowing the airbag. And I used a T45 torx bit to undo the bolt holding the wheel on, might have needed a T50 really, but the 45 did the job and was all I had to hand. Took 2 and a half hours all in, but I wasn't rushing, and had to stop a couple of times to help the missus with our baby. ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I've done it, new com unit in place, and everything is working as it should. Fairly easy job tbh, just make sure you leave the battery disconnected for half hour or so before starting to avoid blowing the airbag. And I used a T45 torx bit to undo the bolt holding the wheel on, might have needed a T50 really, but the 45 did the job and was all I had to hand. Took 2 and a half hours all in, but I wasn't rushing, and had to stop a couple of times to help the missus with our baby. ;)
did you buy just the stalk or complete unit ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Complete unit, was under the impression you can't swap out individual stalks.
you can buy just the stalk but you still have to take all the steering wheel off and then take the unit to bits and fit it ive heard mixed reviews on the net about this being succesful and if im taking all that off id favour the complete unit did you get a new or second hand one ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
you can buy just the stalk but you still have to take all the steering wheel off and then take the unit to bits and fit it ive heard mixed reviews on the net about this being succesful and if im taking all that off id favour the complete unit did you get a new or second hand one ?
Second hand, found mine on ebay, the codes didn't match exactly, but it was still a Valeo com2003 like the original, but I was informed that as long as the stalks have all the same functions as your existing ones, you shouldn't have any problems.

Having swapped out the faulty unit, I did take the old one apart (curiosity and all that. ;) ), and found it would have been a bit of a PITA to change the stalk on its own, AND get it sat right so that it worked as it should, made me kinda glad I just replaced the whole thing. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hi mate i know this thread is a while ago but now gotta replace mine as the switch is stuffed totally did you have to calibrate your angle sensor on the new unit ? cheers

1 - 20 of 23 Posts