Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read loads of posts all over the internet but still cannot find a definitive answer. There are lots of different suggestions. Please can anyone help?

My 2.0 407 136bhp estate won't work when I accelerate. It tries then judders and slows right down as if the turbo triggers then stops. This can be dangerous and means I cannot overtake anything. I instantly fixed this by blanking off the egr but now the issue is steadily coming back.

What is the next thing to do?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have planet and need to get this attached. Just thought I would post the physical symptoms first. It seems to be the huge range of planet codes which have confused me and others about the cause of this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a similar problem, loss of power and it felt a little different. Turns out I'd blown a turbo pipe. This particular one was for the intercooler by-pass.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which pipe - Yes I need to check all of the pipes with a powerful torch. Why would a knackered pipe make this an intermittent problem steadily getting worse do you think?

·
12,141 Posts
I have planet and need to get this attached. Just thought I would post the physical symptoms first. It seems to be the huge range of planet codes which have confused me and others about the cause of this.
You need to post up the results of your scan.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The pipe that went was at the front of the engine going down. This is used when you put your foot down and the engine needs all the air it can get so there's no restriction form the intercooler. On the outside of the pipe is a strengthening sleeve and this can move, which is what was happening with mine. When it was at the top, this is where it had split, it held the pipe together better and, so, didn't seem to notice the loss of power.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK - I finally managed to get the laptop onto the car and the PP codes are:p1198. P1644 P1614 P1434 P2199 P0096 P0098 P0087.

What does this lot tell us?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Most of that seems to be fuel related change your fuel filter and clear the codes check fuel pressure in live data it should be close to reference at idle and when revved if its not after a filter change then you may have a leaky injector or a dying HP pump.

The airflow related ones may be a symptom rather than a fault.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
thanks for that - I cannot remember when I last changed the fuel filter so I'd better get one ordered and give it a go. I would be really very happy indeed if this fixed it!

(Could one of the moderators put "SOLVED!" in the title to help out future sufferers.)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for your assistance - a new fuel filter came today. It was easy to fit and the old one was filthy. Needless to say - the car runs perfectly once again :))

1 - 12 of 12 Posts