Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Call me mad, but I've bought all the kit I need to retrofit the JBL Amp, sub and speakers into my 407. I'm in the process of creating a wiring loom for the sub and amp (will post pictures once I'm done), but I just wanted to check - some diagrams mention going to the BSI for power, mute and remote - but others don't - does it go to the BSI or not?

I've got a 2006 Pug 407 2.0HDI with an RT3 headunit.

Cheers! :thumb:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Looking into Peugeot Planet, there might have been two different versions of the amp - the one which connects to the BSI and the other which doesn't? :confused:

You will also need to make a loom to go from headunit > Amp and then Amp back to speakers.

I found integrating the JBL system too complex, so I've decided to go a different route - 4 channel Class D Amp and a mix of Focal & MB Quart Speakers. Subwoofer might be added in at some point :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I’ve noticed that some newer cars had a third connector on the amp which seemed to go to the BSI panel. Thankfully the one I have only has two - input, output and power/remote pins. I think the diagrams referring to the BSI actually mean the fuse panel. Either way, I’m making up the looms now so we will see... ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts