Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 407 isnt running brilliantly at present. When pushed there seems to be a hesitancy which seems to be getting worse. Last couple of times its thrown up the 'depollution system faulty' message and an engine management light but this goes after a few on/offs. Not had codes read but any usual suspects? It's a 2.0hdi fap btw

C

·
0 Posts
Have you tried anything yet like egr?

Sent from my ARCHOS 80 COBALT using AutoGuide.Com Free App

C

·
0 Posts
Also seen 407's running rough if the fuel cap sensor has failed.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just ordered a new air filter as just realised its not had one whilst ive owned it and ive done 23k so far and dont know when it was done before that.

Gonna stick some fuel treatment in it to though battering its arse off doesnt seem to be having any effect. If anything this throws the problem up even more. Light acceleration seems fine, flooring it and it hesitates. Fuel filter next then egr

·
5,066 Posts
get a blanking plate off ebay, about £3 and try that :thumb:

·
5,066 Posts
bought what ??

·
5,066 Posts
lol it did confuse me a bit :lol:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right then new air filter and egr blanking plate arrived today. Ive fitted the air filter but need to know where i put the blanking plate?

C

·
0 Posts
Right then new air filter and egr blanking plate arrived today. Ive fitted the air filter but need to know where i put the blanking plate?
With engine cover off follow silver alu pipe from front to back of engine, the plate goes between that pipe and the egr the pipe is connected to, loosen bolts and plate just slides in then tighten back up, job done.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you've not done the air filter in 23K, have you neglected the rest of the car and it badly needs a service?
In that time ive changed drop links front rear, a clutch and DMF, oil and filter 10k ago though it needs another now. I forgot about air filter tbh as all though its done 23k mlies in my ownership its dont that in nine months as its a taxi

1 - 20 of 21 Posts