Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a problem with the driver side heater flap on working, looking online seems to be not an unusual fault. Found pictures of the plastic flap shearing at the spindle, a garage repair means removal of the complete dashboard at a cost of approx. £1000. But there seems a way of doing it by cutting through the plastic housing in the foot well using a Dremel type cutter, where the flap can be removed and repaired or replaced.
Just wondered if anyone has done this and would be interested to know just how easy it is.

·
2,280 Posts
Hi...i've moved your question to the '407' forum..anyway..I had mine replaced by a firm in the midlands...a few years back..cost £350 and the dash came out..hears a clip of in situ repair...it may not be the correct side but it give you the idea

·
5,017 Posts
Have a problem with the driver side heater flap on working, looking online seems to be not an unusual fault. Found pictures of the plastic flap shearing at the spindle, a garage repair means removal of the complete dashboard at a cost of approx. £1000. But there seems a way of doing it by cutting through the plastic housing in the foot well using a Dremel type cutter, where the flap can be removed and repaired or replaced.
Just wondered if anyone has done this and would be interested to know just how easy it is.
sadly a more common fault than we would like, theres lots of videos out there or as Noddy has said RTN in doncaster do them, and do a wonderful job. Lots on the FB page have done the fix at home as well with mixed results

1 - 4 of 4 Posts