Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, going to France soon in the 407 but unlike the 406 I own there are not any markings on the headlamp glass/plastic which I can use to mask off my lamps for driving on the RH side of the road. Any suggestions (other than drive in the daylight only):lol:

·
Super Moderator
1,789 Posts
There may be a switch on the headlight to adjust the beam. Check your handbook.

·
Super Moderator
1,789 Posts
I saw it in a handbook of one of my cars. Just can't remember if it was the Volvo, the Leon, the 307, the Clio....:lol:

·
Super Moderator
1,789 Posts
Or you could just blind the foreigners. Not like they have much consideration anyhow.:lol:

·
5,087 Posts
my peugeot headlight protectors have a square marked out on them,could they be something like what your looking for??
i will take i pic if it will help

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my peugeot headlight protectors have a square marked out on them,could they be something like what your looking for??
i will take i pic if it will help
yes thanks. that will be helpful. PS why do us brits worry about masking lights off as I have yet to see a foreign visitor with lights taped up for driving on the LH side.

·
Super Moderator
1,789 Posts
yes thanks. that will be helpful. PS why do us brits worry about masking lights off as I have yet to see a foreign visitor with lights taped up for driving on the LH side.
Dunno if it's right or not but I saw on another forum that euro cars have a flat light pattern now.

·
5,087 Posts
:eek: just dropped the car off for Mot tomorrow but will take pics when i get it back:nod:

·
5,087 Posts
pic's as promised, as you'll see ive stuck a piece of paper between the headlight and the cover in the second picture to try and highlight the square i was on about

·
Registered
6 Posts
Maybe because the cars in France don't have the markings referred to here. Im in France with a 2005 407SW and planning a trip to the UK. I would like to either mask off or (better) adjust the lights. There does appear to be a small white ratchet device on each headlight - could this be the adjuster we are looking for, there's nothing in my French handbook

Thanks

David

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Right its a long time since the last poster visited but here goes anyway. This is to convert headlamps for the continent. This guy has xenon fitted but its the same lamp unit as halogen.

WORK ON THE LIGHTS OPPOSITE THE BATTERY FIRST,
(IT IS EASIER TO SEE WHAIT YOU ARE DOING)
On the rear of the light cluster you have the BIG round rubber seal (the one you pull off to change a bulb. Behind it you have the red box attached to the rear of the bulb...DO NOT TOUCH, it is a pig to get back on and connect the wires to it. To the side of it (radiator side) you have a little metal lever (It is quite deep in there and hard to reach) It has "O" & "T" marked next to it, Put it on "T" and it should give you a flat beam. both light cluster buttons are on the raditor side, one side is up for the "T" while the other is down for the "T".
Hope this helps.
PS>>>> MAKE SURE THE LIGHT UNITS ARE DISCHARGED BEFORE TOUCHING>> SEE YOUR OPERATORS MANUAL ( I THINK YOU NEED TO LEAVE THE IGNIGTION OFF FOR 30 MINS OR SOMETHING BUT DON'T QUOTE ME...CHECK).
Try this, I am on the case for our trip.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts