Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the bushes on the front suspension replaced about 4000 km ago. The control arm centre bush bolt came out and the floating arm pulled the iner cv out and ripped the speed sensor and wirring out. After repair and sensor replacement the engin swing over but fail to start. A scan revealed that the computer do not pick up any signal from the speed sensor. It seems that the short damaged the computer. Can anyone please point me into where about I may find the computer box?

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
I doubt very much a shorted crank sensor loom would damage the ecu.

Have you done the beep test have you checked the fuses UNDER the underbonnet fusebox

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reliable406, I would like to proof the contenuety of the wires from the speed sensor conecter to the ecu connecter. The forum gave me the diagram but I need to know where to find the ecu and connectors. I do not want to strip all the pannels on the car. The wiring goes from module 1313 speed sensor, connector 3V NR, to module 1320 ?ECU, connector 48V MR. I am looking for the location of 1320? Is it in the engine compartment, under the dash on passenger side or driver side. I’m in South Africa and it is a right hand drive vehicle. Thank you for your response, I will be very happy if it is not the ECU.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reliable406, thank you for the information. I beeped the wires from the plug on the sensor to the black socket on the ECU. Pin 2 signal terminate on B1 and pin 1 on 5V supply and pin 3 goes to a ground pin as the drawing supplied. With the plug and socket connected the Voltage on pin 1 is 5V and pin 3 is 0V but pin 2 measure 11V. That indicates voltage coming out of a signal port. I had the ecu tested and it is normal. Does the signal wire from the pickup also go to another place?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Happy to look that up in the SEDRE, but I need the last eight digits of the VIN.

Meanwhile, you did not answer "Have you done the beep test have you checked the fuses UNDER the underbonnet fusebox "

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you IanML for your response. I beeped the wires from the plug on the sensor to the Grey socket on the ECU. I could find nothing wrong with the fuses. With the 3 pin plug connected to the sensor and the Grey 56 Pin socket connected to the ECU there is 11 Volt on the sensor signal wire. the Vin. Number is VF36DRHRE21338934, engine number 10DYTL4013269 and it is a 2007 407 2 Lt HDI Automatic Comfort. Thank you for your assistance, it is really appreciated

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Her is the ecu socket placement and the speed contro sensor connect to the Grey socket
ECU Sockets.jpg

The ECU is a Siemens SID803A

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
The SEDRE shows only those 3 wires between ECU and sensor.
The Beep test is:

Switch ignition ON
Switch ignition OFF and leave key in.
Open driver's door. Does the car beep?

If not, the key is not recognised by the immobiliser.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IanML, thank you. Car do bleep with key in and on door opening. The 11Volt on the signal pin can not be right. Voltage on that line should be derived from the 5V supply to the sensor. Pulses will ride on that derived dc voltage.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is there a place where I can get the pinouts for the 3 plugs on the ECU. If I remove the middle plug and switch the car on the 11V is not on the sensor anymore. I traced the tracks for the sensor input and found that it goes to the PLC through a 47k resistor and split of before the resistor to the middle plug. The track disappear under the middle plug housing and there are components there that may include some electronics to drive something external through the middle plug. The 11V looks like a collector/Base short on a transistor. The 1,5V drop may be the drop over the Base current limiting resistor. A list of the pin connections may give me a hint on where to look for the fault.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts