Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help I have got a 2.0 hdi 407 136 it keeps cutting out when I slow to a stop never cuts out when driving I have had it into peugeot and it's showing no fault codes they can't figure it out it's a 2011 plate when it cuts out it doesn't bring on the eml light which I find strange

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply I have changed the fuel filter put diesel cleaner in and it's not made any difference

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to say that the feller at peugeot said that the Car ecu had not recorded that the car had cut out and when the engine cuts out it doesn't bring the ignition lights back on as if the car still thinks it's running could it be anything to do with the bsi unit

·
Registered
29 Posts
faulty fuel rail sensor maybe? .. I know these can fail but not that common on the ones with delphi systems fitted.

I would have said crank sensor as they have a tendency to make the engine cut out (usually accompanied by a low oil pressure warning on the display). But the car will usually cut out while driving, which yours is not ... worth a look though I guess, mine never recorded the fault in the ECU so I guess it could be something to do with that???

·
Registered
580 Posts
Mine did exactly the same, kept cutting out with not faults being recorded. Turned out to be the EGR valve. Cleaned it using cleaner, never use 6th gear much now. Give good blast ever now and then, problem has never come back (touch wood).

Malcolm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts