Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The brake failed suddenly on 10 01 2011 when I pulled out of my home garage. The brake paddle was hard and not stopping the car. This is a dangerous event if it happens whilst on the open road at high speed. The agents have withdrawn my car (about 20 days) for so called 'campagne' repairs. I hope to negotiate an extended guarantee.
Has anyone got problems to access the internet and use the beautiful on board computer on the 407 Coupe? Peugeot says that this service is not available in South Africa. Why not?? Anyone with similar problems???

J

·
0 Posts
I can't imagine its frequent at all... would have been recalled if it was.

J

·
0 Posts
I haven't checked but maybe a mod should stick it on the 407 board as a general sticky entitles "BRAND NEW 407 - BRAKE PROBLEM!"

at least anybody passing through or buying the new 407 could see that a small percent of new 407's have dodgy brakes.

J

·
0 Posts
JazzJPH said:
I haven't checked but maybe a mod should stick it on the 407 board as a general sticky entitles "BRAND NEW 407 - BRAKE PROBLEM!"

at least anybody passing through or buying the new 407 could see that a small percent of new 407's have dodgy brakes.
All cars have problems, and I'm sure others have the occasional brake problem too.... and no one has mentioned it being brand new 407s either.
This is only 2 examples of the thousands that Peugeot must have sold... lets keep it in perspective chaps :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
It sent a woman crashing into a wall a week or so ago, and then theres this. I even said, even if it's a small percentage, at least new owners of 407s will know the craic.

I personally am not fussed, I own a 307. Twas only a suggestion

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Cliff Mc Ilwee said:
Jeepers.....

How often is this happening?

Was the woman hurn Martin?........happen locally??

Cliff
Ballintoy road , Cliff , couple of broken bones , i should hear what happens next as i know them.

·
Registered
535 Posts
There's a recall for the brake modification - I know it's on some 407s but not all. It happened to me once and once or twice to another poster.http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/search.asp?cboStartMonth=1&cboStartYear=1980&cboEndMonth=1&cboEndYear=2010&cboMake=PEUGEOT&cboModel=407&cboSortOrder=rec_launch_date&cboAscDesc=ASC&PageSize=10&tx=VOSA&Search=Search

I can only guess about the internet problem - I assume it is because Peugeot have to negotiate broadband access with an ISP in each country and they have not found a suitable one in SA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts