Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I've just had to replace my 2 front door speakers due to gremlins making funny noises that my ears don't appreciate! I managed to locate some legacy 300 watt 3 way speakers that completely filled the existing speaker pod. Because the original factory fit speakers have a connector type connection instead of a blade or solder joint I need to identify the polarity and colour coding so that I can correctly fit the new speakers. There was 1 white wire per side and a colour (purple and blue). I need to establish whether the white or colour is the positive. Any ideas? :confused:
Regards,

Codhead :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
How to work out the speakers polarity

Hi,

To work out the polarity of the speakers you can use a 1.5v battery, non rechargeable.

Connect the battery contacts briefly with the connector of the speakers. If the speaker "pops out" the positive connection of the speaker is connected to the + connector of the battery. If it moves "inside" switch the contacts from + to -.

You do not damage the speakers with the above method.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.