Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
my 407 is a bit week when it comes to warming the car up..
it will demist o.k but when i set the temp to max and auto there is very little blow or heat. even when i manually set the fan to max i can hear it blowing but it is very week through the vents.
any ideas please?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have noticed this and think its is caused by two things:

First the 407 has an air diffuser on the top of the dash in the middle, this is designed to gently diffuse warm air instead of blasting it in your face. There is an airflow control for the diffuser, try turning it off and see if more comes through the main vents.
Secondly the auto function controls which vents the air comes out of. I have noticed that when its heating it tends to blow hot air out at a low level, mostly into the side of your left leg (which can get rather too hot). When its cooling the air it tends to favour the upper vents. Try using the manual override for air distribution to get it comming out the upper vents.

As for a lack of heat, diesel engins take an age to warm up, i don't get proper heat from mine for about 8 mins after start up by which time i am on a dual carridgeway giving it some beans.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply mate.
I have tried all of the above but to no avail it sounds powerful but doesnt feel it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
rodders said:
well tonight the heap of shit wont blow hot air at all just cold
sorry mate but your 407 heater internal flap has broken ... you cant buy flap got to buy hole heater assy £700 sorry i work for peugeot for 20 years master tech

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
o my god..In twelve month's this car has cost me £2000 and now this.
thanks for the reply do you have any matches ??

·
Registered
186 Posts
As MKF said first off replace the pollen filter.
Remove passangers footwell cover below glove box, now if you look back, up, and right can see the rectangular cover which clips off reveling the filter.

If it's just blowing cold on one side after that look at this thread for heater flap repair. :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts