Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have a peugeot 407 hdi, when trying to drive slow the engine keeps surging backwards and forwards, as if its cutting out?

if you use full throttle it is fine, over any rpm!

has anyone come across this before? or any help would be great!

J

·
0 Posts
Been there ish, never really 100% sorted it, although its been into Peugeot a few times and has had new EGR and software as being the only cause as I had been through the easy stuff like air and fuel filters.

Probably best to have it hooked up to Planet and see if there is anything specific showing up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi i have a 2litre hdi 136 and have this problem too. i have noticed recently that it happens only when i fill up at a local supermarket with cheap fuel. after filling the tank elswhere it seems to have cured it. touch wood, im hoping it was just poor cheap diesel !

·
5,087 Posts
Hi i have a 2litre hdi 136 and have this problem too. i have noticed recently that it happens only when i fill up at a local supermarket with cheap fuel. after filling the tank elswhere it seems to have cured it. touch wood, im hoping it was just poor cheap diesel !
i dont use supermarket diesel either, tried it once the car felt crap, i mostly use Shell now.

J

·
0 Posts
Wonder if thats why mine feels a bit lumpy at the minute... perhaps a dodgey batch of diesel into Tesco last week.... hhmmm I'll try BP and see if it clears up!

·
Registered
15 Posts
same problem

hi, i have a peugeot 407 hdi, when trying to drive slow the engine keeps surging backwards and forwards, as if its cutting out?

if you use full throttle it is fine, over any rpm!

has anyone come across this before? or any help would be great!

hi, i had a similar problem with my 407 1.6hdi and i just changed the EGR valve myself and hey presto problem solved.

J

·
0 Posts
hi, i had a similar problem with my 407 1.6hdi and i just changed the EGR valve myself and hey presto problem solved.
I take it you took it in for the EGR valve to be programmed to the car??

J

·
0 Posts
Wonder if thats why mine feels a bit lumpy at the minute... perhaps a dodgey batch of diesel into Tesco last week.... hhmmm I'll try BP and see if it clears up!
Second thoughts.... maybe not... 4p/l more expensive than Tesco, so used Tesco and put in the half bottle of Redex I had in the shed.... seems to be running sweet.... for now! :thumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I take it you took it in for the EGR valve to be programmed to the car??
no mate just let it go to sleep before diconnecting the battery and changed the valve then reconnected everything and the car runs really well with plenty of oomph.

J

·
0 Posts
I was lead to believe you couldn't just swap over and not program them in, was told the engine management light would come on and the car run rough, so unless that is specific to eht 2.0HDi rather than your 1.6, then I was told wrong.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was lead to believe you couldn't just swap over and not program them in, was told the engine management light would come on and the car run rough, so unless that is specific to eht 2.0HDi rather than your 1.6, then I was told wrong.
well i was told the same by peugeot but i spoke to a friend of the family and he said it was a load of old bull and he told me to do it that way.

J

·
0 Posts
That was who told me too.... obviously looking after their own interests.

Glad you got yours working without problem.

C

·
0 Posts
I changed my egr valve months ago never had to be learnt to the car and so far no lights or issues and it's 2.0hdi rhr engine.

D

·
0 Posts
They don't need to be learned with the PPS. They are self learning. There is loads of software for the egr problems on the 2.0 hdi. They give lots of trouble especially on the Expert for some reason. The cap gets broken off the valve thus drawing exhaust all the time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts