Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have the above car and for the last couple of hundred miles has been cutting out, mostly when accelerating, and then the power resumes immediately. Yesterday the engine management light came on with the message, engine depollution system failure. What is the likely failure and costs to fix, please

My car is a 54 plate (Jan 05 model) and I am fairly sure it hasn't got a diesel particulate filter...is this right??

Thx for any help

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
If its a 54 plate then yes, it has a particulate filter.. whats the milage on your motor ??

depends.. you might just need a topup in the particulate oil reservoir which is about £17 a litre, it take about 4 litres max.. you might need to change your particulate filter (its like a bottle) £500 for a new one, however PSA can provide you a refurbed one for £175..

This cannot be done yourself, as the car needs to be told using PSA diag 2000 that the work has been carried out...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem turned out to be me leaving the socket unplugged to the air flow/mass meter (Doh) but the cutting out appeared to be crank / position sensor when read with diag tool. Sensor replaced (cost £24) after 50 miles driven today appears to be OK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts