Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Does anybody know where the level bung is on a 2.0 hdi 407 sw manual gearbox? I replaced the lower ball joint and had to release the lower wishbone arm and drive shaft which dropped a litre or so of gearbox oil.

I took the car to a backstreet garage and asked if I could use his ramp, coldn't find the level bung anywhere. The garage owner looked it up and the diagram showed it as being located on the side of the box, but couldn't fimd it.

I ended up removing the blanking bung where the speedo cable goes (on some models) and managed to get around half a litre in but this still leaves around half a litre shy judging by the amaount that came out.

Any suggestions would be good... Thanks

G

·
There is no level bung. Just drop all the oil, and refil with the correct ammount of 'box lube (2.2 litres IIRC, but check as there are several box variants).

Exactly the same happened to me when I did my ball joints, despite being uber careful :mad: The blanking bung on top is the correct point for squirting in the new oil, so you're on trck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
were to fill

can some one explain where the fill and drains are located for a 6 speed manual gearbox on an 06 407 sw . Photos would be good.
Just had a traumatic day changing the dreaded lower joints and lost about 1/2 l of oil in the process. The inner races were siezed on and ended up having to cut them off the stub -I have done 80,000 miles on them so I gues I've done ok!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts