Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My 407 2.0 hdi 2006
The MFD has stopped working and blank screen, where is the fuse located to and which one please.
Thanks

·
Registered
14,888 Posts
If its a sat nav equipped model it may not be the fuse but the fuse is in the BSI behind the glovebox the fusebox under bonnet is for lights etc

·
Registered
812 Posts
By MFD, do you mean the little display in the instrument cluster? Or the one for the radio?

Either way, it's unlikely to be the fuse.

The one for the radio shares the fuse with the radio, usually F8. So if the radio works... it's not the fuse.

The one for the instrument cluster is usually F15 which also controls central locking or it's F14 in which case airbag ECU wouldn't be happy and the cluster wouldn't work at all either.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is the big screen with satnav, No display at all, heaters work but no redio or satnav. RT4 is it.
It worked this morning as i put a sim card in it and rung my phone to see if it worked, By the time i had driven 1 mile no display.

I hate cars.lol

·
Registered
812 Posts
No radio means try the fuse, should be F8 and a 15a or 20a. On an RT4, the screen is powered up through the headunit.

Yep, all cars suck, hate them too (mine snapped a spring!)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just noticed the reversing sensors are not working, perhaps not sounding as the main display not working and the radio. Baffled.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Why did you change the fuse if the fuse was fine? Sounds like your headunit has died. Parking sensor audio goes through the headunit and the display for that is on the screen, so parking sensors will be working, there's just no way of seeing the output.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Figure of speech with the fuse, Took it out checked it and refitted. Bit of a nuisance with screen not working, Cant see what heating controls are etc. Oh well, i will have to live with it i suppose unless i can get a cheap replacement head unit.
Thanks for your input BIGK.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Ah ok, just checking, more info = better diagnosis. As far as I know, you can use the RT4 from ANY PSA car, all you'll have to do is swap the fascia round and reprogram it for the 407 using Diagbox.

Easiest option would be to simply buy one from a 407 but you'll still need Diagbox to VIN code it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok Thanks
I am looking for one now, don,t really need the music side of a radio or even the satnav just want the display for heaters and aircon showing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is it possible to put a head unit without the telephone function in place of it any idea anyone.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Possible.... yes. Doable..... no. The sat nav system has a different wiring loom, so if you want to convert to an RD4, it would involve custom wiring, as the small orange screen talks to the BSI directly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RESULT
Took the head unit out, took the fuse from the back of the unit out, it was good not blown, cleaned the fuse contacts and put it back in, hey presto, a working display again. Happy Days

·
Registered
812 Posts
Well that's a bit strange indeed! I forgot about the fuse at the back of the unit, glad you got it fixed for free!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts