Peugeot Forums banner

407 front wipers only working sometimes.

4K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  chippie 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

Please can you help! I bought a 2007 Peugeot 407 sw estate 2.0 hdi diesel 2 weeks ago, all seemed fine until I tried the front wipers and they didn't work.

When I start the car they seem to work fine but stop after a few minutes, I then switch off the car, wait about 3 mins until I hear a click from the bsi and then turn the key and they start again.

I tried the bsi reset but hasn't worked. I bought another bsm but still doing the same thing. not sure what to try next...

All help is very much appreciated thanks.

#7 ·
They're halogen, on 407's aftermarket hid's can cause wiper issues, normally that they won't switch off tho. I'm thinking your issue may me the comma unit.( bit with light stalk/wiper stalk etc) have a look on the pp2k map see if anyone is close to you.

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

#9 ·
UPDATE.

Instead of taking it to the garage I bought diagbox and lexia3 from ebay so I could diagnose the problem. After much frustration at setting up I finally have it working lol.

It says I have fault code FF13 Master motor operating fault.

Could someone tell me which is the master side thanks :lol:

I did look at previous codes stored in BSI and it said code F02F which is no communication with windscreen wiper ecu but this did not come up when I tested it so I am still trying to get to the root of the problem.

Thanks all.

#10 ·
Just thought I would post this.

I found out if you got a Right hand drive car the master wiper motor is on the right.

If you got a left hand drive car the master wiper motor is on the left.

I bought a right side wiper motor from ebay for £25, fitted it and the wipers seem to be working now.

cheers all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.