Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evenin folks, this is a strange request but im lookin into fittin DRL's onto my 407 and i was wonderin if anyone had a broken front foglamp i could have to experiment on. I will pay postage or collect and im not fussed on condition.

I will post pic's of the results

Cheers

·
5,028 Posts
Thought you'd broken one :rolleyes:

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still looking for a front foglight for 407, not fussed on condition as long as reflector is intact. Cheers

·
Registered
464 Posts
Ta-Dahhh heh
Lucky I never got around to clearing up the front yet - still sitting in the "to-do" list.

One lug completely missing, damage to both other lugs, was held onto a donor bumper I got (and never used) by cable ties!!! In all liklihood, will never go onto a car again (without big bodging), but the lens and reflector are intact - bulb & holder missing (probably around here somewhere).

If you're just looking for something to experiment on before attacking your own working parts, then it'll be ideal I'd imagine.

Trying to get DRLs in there somehow was the other avenue I was going to investigate if the irmscher front splitter vents didn't work out (which they did)

Attachments

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slavey your a legend. Can i come collect it?? I know your local to me

sent from my non apple product usin free autoguide.com

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Slavey thanks again, btw your sw is lookin great in the flesh.

Up to now i have taken it to bits and surprised to learn the reflector is actually metal.

sent from my non apple product usin free autoguide.com

Attachments

·
5,028 Posts
You snuck up without telling me :(

·
Registered
464 Posts
No guarantees but....

Generally speaking, most metal parts in close contact with electrics are earthed - the metal reflector may be earthed thru the foglamp wiring so that might make things a little easier for you when it comes to wiring the LEDs (and it might be utter nonsense).

I was surprised that the lens appears to be glass as opposed to the plastic used almost everywhere nowadays.

Still, as long as the fog serves its purpose (letting you break stuff without actually breaking any important stuff), glad I could help.

Thanks for the comments on the SW - it's pretty much finished from a visual point of view - couple little bits to sort inside and I'll stop spending money (and getting shouted at heh.) - course, the bits left to do aren't the cheap ones (they're done lol) so might be a little more earache on the horizon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts