Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frosty weather cables cables just freeze up rendering the car useless untill they are thawed out. Gear stick will not move.

·
Registered
821 Posts
i've never heard of that happening to 407, or any other peugeot for that matter. only few times i heard of that happening was on one opel speedster and old opel cadet, its to do with water ingress where it would freeze in joints to which the gearbox levers are connected.

have you had this problem happen or are you just worried about it? if i was you, i wouldnt worry about it. but if it does happen, start the car, leave in running for a bit in the spot until it heats up. after that, check the seals and check for water ingress, dry it out, re-seal where possible and you should be good after that. :thumb:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i've never heard of that happening to 407, or any other peugeot for that matter. only few times i heard of that happening was on one opel speedster and old opel cadet, its to do with water ingress where it would freeze in joints to which the gearbox levers are connected.

have you had this problem happen or are you just worried about it? if i was you, i wouldnt worry about it. but if it does happen, start the car, leave in running for a bit in the spot until it heats up. after that, check the seals and check for water ingress, dry it out, re-seal where possible and you should be good after that. :thumb:
I have had the problem every winter since i bought the car new. Usually just run the car for about 20 mins but last winter was the pits, had to train my 11 year old son to slide an electric fan heater under the gearbox so his mum could drive him to school on time :(

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
nowhere is as cold as a bus with its heating not working!! especially that on a winters morning...thats arriva signiture move...giving me a bus with no heating!!!

they even have problems getting gears on a frozen morning... and they are automatics! :lol:

·
Registered
821 Posts
nowhere is as cold as a bus with its heating not working!! especially that on a winters morning...thats arriva signiture move...giving me a bus with no heating!!!
I share your pain mate, before i got my peggy 5 months ago i relied on public transport to get around the city, and in winter when there really is no colder place than a bus without heating. :mad: the driver wouldnt even let the people come in thru the front door so he wouldnt cool himself down, so every time they stop to pick up/drop off passangers you would just loathe the people for getting in/out :lol:

·
Registered
821 Posts
O the joy of living in Durban, South Africa.

Average winter temperature: 21C.
Summer, a tropical 31C

So sorry have not picked that problem up here yet...........:D
And no share your pain! I used to live for some time in Australia and Fiji and only seasons we had there were hot and hotter in aus and hot and humid in fiji :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts