Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased a 407 HDI 136bhp about two months ago and I am resonably pleased with it. BUT about every 400- 450 miles it starts jerking as if the engine is missing, This lasts for a few miles, maybe 5-10 minutes. I have taken it to two garages including a main Peugeot dealer who have said after putting it on there computer they can find nothing wrong. No warning signs or mssages are shown on the dash and they are completely puzzled. Any ideas would be welcome. Milage is 48000

·
Registered
16 Posts
my 407 does the same thing it's most likely flat spots these are engineered to get the engine past noise and emissions regs try millers oils sport diesel additive this has the effect of boosting the cetane [diesel equivalent of octane] rating of your fuel. if you are planning on keeping the car for a while a re-map of your ecu is probably the best cure google TUNIT.:nod:

·
Registered
9 Posts
get your diesel filter looked at to see how bad it is. I have had my car serviced and have found out that the lad doing it has never changed the diesel filter and have been told a lot of mechanics don't bother doin it. Mine was filty and i have had the car 2 years and i think it never was changed. Was told eventually the car will only go 40-50mph as a result. Filter only 15 euro or that. Might be worth a look to see if this makes a difference. Mines seems better now!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have just purchased a 407 and am experiencing the same problems as you. I have changed the fuel filter and added a fuel additive but unfortunately it's still looses power every few hundred miles.

I took the car to the peugeot dealer the other day but was told to bring it back later on. When i did the car ran like a dream, the mechanic told me there was no faults and there was nothing he could do until it kicks a fault up. Mileage 47000.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

G

·
Regeneration

I reckon your car is doing a Particle Filter Regeneration. It would make sence with it happening every 400-500mls.

G

·
Fap

No thats a normal occurance. You feel a 'misfire' when it happens as the engine ecu and bsi puts on all electrical consumers to help raise exhaust temperature to do a proper regeneration.

·
Registered
9 Posts
davidireland said:
No thats a normal occurance. You feel a 'misfire' when it happens as the engine ecu and bsi puts on all electrical consumers to help raise exhaust temperature to do a proper regeneration.
Is there anything i can do to stop this happening, as i use my 407 as a Taxi and im sure you can imagine when the car decides to do this i have paying passengers lol.

G

·
Hdi

You can't stop it. Its up to the engine management ecu. Alot of town driving ie being a taxi will cause it to regenerate more i reckon. Its propably not too noticeable out on the motorway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
After putting up with this occuring every other day for 7 months i thought i need to get it solved. I have had the Engine remapped and the DPF removed. I was assured this would be the last of my problems with black smoke and judders.

Well 300 miles later as normal we have black smoke and the judders. This is totally driving me up the wall as you can imagine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

G

·
If you've removed the FAP then you need the sensor thingy to fool the eCU into thinking it's there, otherwise it's just business as usual trying to make it go into regen etc.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility the remap is responsible, especially if it's one of these cheap generic ones.

·
Registered
9 Posts
chopper1192 said:
If you've removed the FAP then you need the sensor thingy to fool the eCU into thinking it's there, otherwise it's just business as usual trying to make it go into regen etc.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility the remap is responsible, especially if it's one of these cheap generic ones.

I don't suppose you can recomend anyone that can remap the car properly could you, possibly someone close to South Yorkshire.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.