Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi
just bought a 407 2004 2.0 hdi fap filter was blocked...had it removed engine light on but not in limp mode drives ok with normal power...will i stil need remap? light not a problem for me.... concerned about any damage this may cause

thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks..i was expecting it to go in to limp mode but it hasnt,i am in liverpool you got any idea of cost also got the annoying tyre pressure thing coming up..

·
Registered
682 Posts
Mines a taxi though a 1.6 and ive had mine removed though mine still regenerates which yours will still be doing till your software is altered. Anyway mine sails though its taxi mot and its been remapped too.

Best bet with tyre pressure sensors is get them removed when you get any tyres changed and just have normal valves then stick the monitors on ebay and you get £10-20 each for them. Thats what i did

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so youve had your filter taken out but not had ecu updated? is your engine light on? how many miles you done with filter out?

thanks

·
Registered
682 Posts
so youve had your filter taken out but not had ecu updated? is your engine light on? how many miles you done with filter out?

thanks
No dpf is still on but they drill a big hole in it. Ive had my software altered too but it didnt work as my ecu is a bit strange and the dpf/mapper man couldnt be arsed to sort it properly so im left with a car that still regens but it does it a lot less than before and i have no warning lights on. Mileage wise i think ive done about 10K with it like that with no issues. You cant just take it of afaik as you'll be able to see its been removed come mot time plus you'll be filling your engine bay with fumes/soot.

·
Registered
546 Posts
No dpf is still on but they drill a big hole in it. Ive had my software altered too but it didnt work as my ecu is a bit strange and the dpf/mapper man couldnt be arsed to sort it properly so im left with a car that still regens but it does it a lot less than before and i have no warning lights on. Mileage wise i think ive done about 10K with it like that with no issues. You cant just take it of afaik as you'll be able to see its been removed come mot time plus you'll be filling your engine bay with fumes/soot.
whats with your dpf pressure sensor?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why would engine bay be full of soot? filter is out so now just leaves a void where it was,engine can still breathe as normal if not better??
anyone confirm this?

thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
407 fap removal

Dave , did you ever get this sorted. I live in Mold but am in Liverpool a couple of times a week. Ive just but a 2006 407 1.6HDI with a particle filter error.
I would rather have it completely removed
Cheers

Steve

PS i did try to pm you but you need 20 posts first ( bit stupid)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts