Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

the rear demister on our 55 plate 407 estate isn't working and I can see why but I'm not sure how to fix it.

There is a wire with a coil and this has melted and broken. It also looks as though the 12v feed on the right has shorted as some of the cable sheathing has a few pin prick sized melts in it.

I've taken a photo to illustrate what I mean.

I've been trying to find the part number for this loom on Service box but can't for the life of me find it despite searching in french for loom and windows.

Thanks,

Hedley

·
Registered
38 Posts
Had similar problem, I have a green wire connected to the spade connector that you have highlighted, my problem was that the connection onto the window had failed so had to solder back on,but def didnt see that kind of resistor thing that you have also highlighted, sorry cant be more help, it looks like you have more spade connectors than i have on mine???

·
Registered
113 Posts
It's actually an inductor and there's one in the positive feed too.
It's designed to work in conjunction with the aerial by providing a reflective screen for RF signals similar to the one at the rear of your TV aerial.
The inductors provide an impedance to ground whilst having low resistance for the DC current.
( I worked on something similar for Ford many years ago when they put the aerial in the rear screen heating element. Got my name on a patent for that!)

Thanks for posting the pictures!
I think I may have found the source of the light knock at the rear of my SW with those inductors.
Sounds like something tapping the glass and it's been driving me nuts!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,I have the same problem.How did you take off this plastic cover?I will take some pictures as well.
Is the rear demister on the same fuse/relay as heated mirrows?
Is it possible there is no heated mirrows in my 407sw 56 plare?
Ps. My mirrows don't fold itselfs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

Thanks ashdav for the info on the coils and congrats on that patent. That's pretty clever stuff!

Voltner. Getting the cover off is really easy. It's attached by 4 interference fit clips so all you need to do is pull it away from the light fitting and it will pop off. The fitting is then held on to the window via 2 screws into mounts glued on to the window (or in our case just one and one I'm trying to glue back on).

I'm not sure if this car has heated mirrors or not. They certainly don't fold in and the demister popped fairly early on and since it's my wife's car and she doesn't like me driving it, I tend not to fix it :)

I suppose I should buy a Haynes manual.

Does anyone have wiring info on these connectors?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to bump this but can anyone provide me with the loom part number/location in the online service box or a wiring diagram so I can get my head around these terminals.

Thanks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Heated rear screen comes under driver comfort in the manuals so it may be the same in Service Box.
I'd guess the brown and brown/black ( marron et marron/noir) are the connections to the rear screen release button.
White and earth to detect the screen is shut?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts