Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all ive been having trouble with my 2.0 hdi jumping hunting missing a beat not sure what u wanna call it so reading through the threads on here decided to take the plug off the egr and see what happens? seems to be running ok no warning light on dash that i know of as my lcd is knackerd so what the best road to take from here? blank it off or take it off and clean it, regards phil

·
5,027 Posts
just blank it. saves hassle in the future :thumb:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Odd that unplugging the egr does not throw up an error. Unplugging mine threw an error as soon as the car was started as I believe it checks the continuity of the connection.

Wonder if the fact it does not throw a code means it's already been mapped out ? Or there is a problem with the wiring.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Odd that unplugging the egr does not throw up an error. Unplugging mine threw an error as soon as the car was started as I believe it checks the continuity of the connection.

Wonder if the fact it does not throw a code means it's already been mapped out ? Or there is a problem with the wiring.
not sure bout that but definatley no error iwas surprised too? ive got a basic code reader em light remover if u ever kneed to use it mate i dont mind anytime if ur localish, phil

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
My 55 plate 407 never batted an eyelid about having it's EGR valve blanked.
My newer (58) 407 spat it's dummy out, kept throwing an error code and the EML. So that is staying unblanked.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My 55 plate 407 never batted an eyelid about having it's EGR valve blanked.
My newer (58) 407 spat it's dummy out, kept throwing an error code and the EML. So that is staying unblanked.
hmmmmmmmmmmm after say that spoke to soon eml has come on now with a error saying depoution error so blanking it is

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmmmmmmmmmm after say that spoke to soon eml has come on now with a error saying depoution error so blanking it is
ok reconnected cable reset em light car runs like a bag of crap again so looks like blanking it is

·
5,027 Posts
Hate to say I told you so but............

·
Registered
240 Posts
mine showed an error code about emissions,what it actually meant was the egr shaft had seized inside so the flap couldn't move and error read as ''readings out of range''....if you can get around to taking it off ,and find the shaft seized scrape of what you can on the shaft ,oil it a little and move it manually to confirm its free,this is easy when it off as theres a plastic cover to remove and all the gubbins are visible then .....its just a bugger to get the egr off the first time thats all,not quite as daunting if you need to do again though...gets easieri did the glowplugs on mine too as well as the drivers door mirror heather element was kaput,so i replaced the whole mirror as the body underneath was damaged too (s/h off ebay ). it sounds a lot of work but worth it as it runs so much better now....real smooth and no blanked off egr yet as it runs real good, so far anyway,lol:thumb:
neil

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mine showed an error code about emissions,what it actually meant was the egr shaft had seized inside so the flap couldn't move and error read as ''readings out of range''....if you can get around to taking it off ,and find the shaft seized scrape of what you can on the shaft ,oil it a little and move it manually to confirm its free,this is easy when it off as theres a plastic cover to remove and all the gubbins are visible then .....its just a bugger to get the egr off the first time thats all,not quite as daunting if you need to do again though...gets easieri did the glowplugs on mine too as well as the drivers door mirror heather element was kaput,so i replaced the whole mirror as the body underneath was damaged too (s/h off ebay ). it sounds a lot of work but worth it as it runs so much better now....real smooth and no blanked off egr yet as it runs real good, so far anyway,lol:thumb:
neil
well ive tried wires of it runs sweet just the error and em light still ran sweet tho i got my glow plugs to do i suffer with my back so cant bend for long or im in pain for days so might have to take it to someone where they had to do m8?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts