Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 407 (XLine 2litre diesel 2006 manual) drivers door lock replaced yesterday at my local garage. The old one packed up due to water corrosion. The new one came complete with a rubber boot protecting all the parts that future water could get into. After fitment the mechanic locked the car using the key fob and unlocked it again - the door opened perfectly. The mechanic shut the door and was unable open the car again unless he relocked and unlocked the central locking. The door however can be opened from the inside. It is almost as if the lock goes into 'deadlock mode' after the door handle is used for the first time after unlocking. I have tried cycling the deadlock system but no change. All other doors work as normal. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
I had my 407 (XLine 2litre diesel 2006 manual) drivers door lock replaced yesterday at my local garage. The old one packed up due to water corrosion. The new one came complete with a rubber boot protecting all the parts that future water could get into. After fitment the mechanic locked the car using the key fob and unlocked it again - the door opened perfectly. The mechanic shut the door and was unable open the car again unless he relocked and unlocked the central locking. The door however can be opened from the inside. It is almost as if the lock goes into 'deadlock mode' after the door handle is used for the first time after unlocking. I have tried cycling the deadlock system but no change. All other doors work as normal. Any thoughts?
maybe a rod is not clipped in properly

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah the rod is not clipped properly that's why it's having that issue.You must hire a mechanic or locksmith , they will do the repair with great care and no such problem will be going to happen once repair has been done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts