Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey People

I need to change a front left drive shaft in my 407 2.0HDI. As I'm going through different stores I can see that these parts are in different sizes. Is there any chance that I could find out what measurement is best for my car without taking it out and measuring it by myself ?

I also need to change an EGR valve and I could see a DELPHI one but the voltage of it is 16v where the others are 12v. Will that one work fine ?

Thanks for all the replays in advance.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
You find out the correct one from the manufacturers website usually, i.e, if you are buying a Delphi driveshaft, you go on delphi catalogue, put your vehicle details in, then find the manufacturer part number and use that to purchase the correct one.

16v will be an error of sorts, it probably means maximum. All passenger cars run on 14.4v max for a 12v system, so 16v will be fine. Same as above with the EGR valve, I do have a brand new Delphi EG10396 to sell if you haven't got one yet - with anything always check part numbers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You find out the correct one from the manufacturers website usually, i.e, if you are buying a Delphi driveshaft, you go on delphi catalogue, put your vehicle details in, then find the manufacturer part number and use that to purchase the correct one.

16v will be an error of sorts, it probably means maximum. All passenger cars run on 14.4v max for a 12v system, so 16v will be fine. Same as above with the EGR valve, I do have a brand new Delphi EG10396 to sell if you haven't got one yet - with anything always check part numbers!
Thanks for your fast response. I checked Delphis catalogue and they don't have any egr valves on offer for my type of car. What other manufactures could you recommend for Peugeot cars ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts