Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the screen is fubared, looking on ebay there are big screens, can you swap them in.

Also what other models fit?

·
Registered
15,084 Posts
When you say big screen if you mean sat nav screen then no it cannot be fitted unless you fit the whole sat nav system

Any peugeot screen with same plug will fit 207 late 307 etc BUT if you have dual zone heater then you need the specific 407 or late citroen C5 type otherwise you cant see the heater settings

·
Registered
15 Posts
Check on the back of your original screen, see if emf-c is written on the back? Yours is probably the Borg screen with white plastic at the rear. Get a Johnson Controls, black at the rear. You can fit a screen from a c3, c4 etc but you need to tell it with Diagbox that it has A/C, then tell it whether it has monozone or bizone. The old ones die from 'heat exhaustion'. The only thing your can't program in is bluetooth, it has it or it doesn't.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check on the back of your original screen, see if emf-c is written on the back? Yours is probably the Borg screen with white plastic at the rear. Get a Johnson Controls, black at the rear. You can fit a screen from a c3, c4 etc but you need to tell it with Diagbox that it has A/C, then tell it whether it has monozone or bizone. The old ones die from 'heat exhaustion'. The only thing your can't program in is bluetooth, it has it or it doesn't.
+1 for sure.

The displays are working individually from the head unit, so it doesn't matter what type but the black backed ones are newer and seem to work fine in my 407 and don't have the overheating issue. The cable might seem short, but don't worry it'll fit.

I also have replaced the head unit with Pioneer AVH-2150BT because you can get the Peugeot bluetooth modules but they cost way too much. It's not too hard to get a 1-DIN heat unit to replace the standard one, but with a 2-DIN they look way better, but you need to fabricate a fascia yourself.

If you have the satnav system then I'd just get another one tbh. Don't bother with replacing the head unit if you don't need to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts