Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey fellow Peugeoters, i have a few questions i hope you might be able to help me with.

So i got my fathers 407 and when i drove around one day i noticed the clutch was slipping, not much but a few hundred rp's. And as my father changed the clutch and slave cylinder about 6k miles ago i was quite surprised.. and sad obviously.

But the engine and transmission sounds just great, and it grabs on just fine its just aroud the 2k rpms that it jumps like 300-400 rpm.

So i was thinking to replace the clutch with a performance clutch, but when doing so should i altso replace the flywheel with a performance one, because if so i dont even find a performance one for a peugeot 407.. and if i dont change it can it, if it breaks, damage my clutch or transmision? Or will a original one suffise even when the hp and torque gets bumped up?

And qy other question was where to find diesel injector nozzles for the 407 2.0l hi 16v, i have searched over the whole net but found nothing. And is there anything else i should change when changing injector nozzles other than a remap?

Thanks in advance for your answers and time taken!

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I think you're best saving the money and ensure you get hold of a good quality clutch kit. Valeo is a trusted brand.

It may be worth replacing the flywheel too, it certainly wouldn't hurt to do so. Well, maybe the wallet :D

Personally, unless you're planning to remap and increase the power of the car, I don't see the need to install performance components.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks for responding!

And yes ofcourse i will buy a good quality clutch, im thinking of buying a sachs, will call them tomorrow to get to know the actual torque rating of the clutch im looking at, wich btw is ths one:
sachsperformance.com/Performance-Clutch-Kit-XTend-3000951835-S

And yes, ofcourse i will remap the engine(already have a kcr in it although i plugged it out since i noticed the slipping and heard they are not to great for the engine)

And while i have your interest, do you know anything about injector nozzles, how do i find one that fits my peugeot? Because i guess they are all different sizes. Do you have any recommenation on this? Thanks in advance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts