Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I noticed there's quite some wind noise on the driver side of my car, on the passenger side the noise is quite less (but still a bit).

When washing the car there's no water conning in through the seals so I assume the noise comes from somewhere else.
Does anyone else have the same 'problem' and know a solution?

Thanks in advance!

·
3,617 Posts
When you close the door ,can you still move it slightly inwards...may need the door catch 'adjusting' or even the top of the door pushing in to make the gap smaller...could even be door seals gone soft....

·
Registered
991 Posts
There should be no wind noise, unless driving in high side winds (then I can hear it in my coupe).

What I found with my passenger side the door hinge pins wore down, causing the door to be slightly out of alignment, try that, it's about ~£3 each from Peugeot and you need two. DO NOT buy the stainless steel ones, it's better for a £3 mild steel sacrificial pin to wear down than a £100 hinge!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

I read on one of the Peugeot Facebook forums there is a small torq screwhole on the door which can be used to a just the angle of the window.

I'll let you know if that works. If not I replace the hi he's.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I didn't know of any screwholes in the door.... so I looked up the service manual. There are adjustment bolts... but to gain access you need to remove the doorcard! I highly suggest you read that document as adjusting the window isn't as simple as it seems!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts