Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My recently purchased 407 Coupe has only 3 TPMS valves with one normal valve on its wheels. The three TPMS are also badly corroded, one on NS Front is broken so cannot inflate the tyre.

I have been contemplating whether to buy 4 new TPMS vales and install (the JLR ones same as used on Peugeot are cheap at 4 for £50). However putting new ones means they will need reprogramming. Is this a complicated process? What is reprogramming likely to cost on all 4 wheels?

Alternative is to get normal valves installed and either live with error message or get it switched off.

I guess I really need someone's help who has Peugeot Planet tool to help with either as I am no way paying stealers money for this. I live in Coventry if anyone close by is willing to help.

PS - I did use planet map and found that the Coventry member no longer has the kit and the Birmingham member has not yet responded. I am calling for any help I can get in both suggestions and with the Planet kit

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorted

I got this sorted by having the TPMS turned off by a forum member 'trustme'. He is a nice guy - recommended

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Im in Telford.
You need the codes off the sensors -- and know which wheel which sensor is in.
I have normal valves and the TPMS turned off.The TPMS stems are worryingly flimsy. I'd rather have confidence that the valves will hold the air in the tyres than be warned when it's leaked out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts