Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this car has a feature by where as you open the door the window lowers ins a split second by half a cm or so to clear the door seal and automatically auto extends when the door is closed.

recently i had to remove my car battery, and when i reconnected this feature no longer works, the passenger side is still doing it but not the drivers side, is there anything i can do to make it work again ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did the reboot to try fix a gearbox error, it seems to have fixed the gearbox error but the window still is not working, am i doing this right, according to the tutorial you gave it does not specify if the boot can be open but i cannot disconnect the battery without the boot open.

Then do i need to switch on the headlights or side lights ?

someone said this :

"People worry too much about this if you DISCONNECT properly its fine its the disconnection that causes the issue after power off wait 3 mins till bsi goes to sleep change battery wait a few minutes start car job done "

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It seems like the driver side door light is not working either, i can't recall if it worked or not, could it have something to do with the window dropdown ?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
If the boot has a switch to detect that it is open, I expect the BSI will not "go to sleep". If there is such a switch, it would need to be fooled into signalling "boot closed".

If the door-operated light also does not work, it could be that the "door open" switch is defective, which could account for the window not dropping down. Usually, in Peugeots, the switch is within the door lock mechanism. Does the car normally indicate if a door is not closed when the ignition is turned on? If it does, but not the driver's door, that would confirm it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Did you disconnect the battery with the drivers door open or closed?

Did you disconnect the battery with the drivers door glass fully down or up?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Windows were down yes, first with only the drivers door and second with both door windows down, the doors were closed, perhaps it is the switch inside the lock ?

the car was fitted with a cd disc shuttle i'm not sure if that comes standard with this car but perhaps it wakes the BSI, if the BSI wakes does it indicate on the screen that it is on ?

But the fact that the door light does not go on perhaps means the switch is faulty.

I am going to check now if the car indicates when the door is open and will reply thanks.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Those door lights only have a normal bulb in there, easy to remove. Check to make sure they haven't blown. Simple problems first though :)

Each door has it's own ECU and sometimes you need to tell it to remember where the top of the door is. Next time, you can try leaving the windows up when doing the BSI reset.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I have a BMW convertible which has this feature. If I disconnect the battery, it stops working, it does not lower or raise the window on opening/closing the door. The way to reset it is to get in the car, close the door, turn on ignition, and then raise the window to the top and hold the switch in the up position for about 10 seconds, this resets the BSM by telling it where the upper limit is and system starts working again. May work for the Peugeot?

·
5,040 Posts
I have a BMW convertible which has this feature. If I disconnect the battery, it stops working, it does not lower or raise the window on opening/closing the door. The way to reset it is to get in the car, close the door, turn on ignition, and then raise the window to the top and hold the switch in the up position for about 10 seconds, this resets the BSM by telling it where the upper limit is and system starts working again. May work for the Peugeot?
This is how you reset the windows on the 407 saloon and sw, so would imagine its the same for the coupe.

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If the boot has a switch to detect that it is open, I expect the BSI will not "go to sleep". If there is such a switch, it would need to be fooled into signalling "boot closed".

If the door-operated light also does not work, it could be that the "door open" switch is defective, which could account for the window not dropping down. Usually, in Peugeots, the switch is within the door lock mechanism. Does the car normally indicate if a door is not closed when the ignition is turned on? If it does, but not the driver's door, that would confirm it.
Ok i have just confirmed the driver side door does not indicate on the screen when it is opened, but the passenger door does indicate on the screen when it is opened, does that mean the driver side door ecu is broken or a switch ? is it possible to fix the switch ? or do i have to replace a part ? which part would i need to order ?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
ECUs rarely go wrong, but a wiring fault is possible.

You could try a replacement door lock from a breaker. Before fitting it, just plug it in to the harness and manipulate the lock with a screwdriver to see whether it restores function.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok thank you, does that switch control the door light as well ? perhaps one could fix the switch, if it is easy to take apart, perhaps one could test it at the scrapyard while my car is standing there, not sure if the door panel need to be removed but i will go check, thank you sir.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The switch inside the door latch is important as it controls several functions including the light.

On older PSA Peugeot / Citroen stuff the switch was separate & simply clipped on to the bottom of the door latch.

Unfortunately the 407 is from an age where the switch is integral to the latch & non replaceable.

If you could find the wiring diagram for the latch you could work out the 2 wires / plug connections to short out to fool / test the switch circuit before investing in a replacement door latch.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Wiring for the door lock switch:

Pin 1 - Wire No M6207 connects to earth

Pin 3 - Wire No 6206 connects to the BSI

The switch connects pins 1 and 3 (I assume to signal door closed).

Pins 4, 5 & 6 work the door lock motors.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you perfect, one last question, will it be possible to fix the switch ? I'm just thinking parts are rare, what if it happens again, could one use a custom switch or repair the old ?

Or is it next to impossible to open it.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Nothing is impossible, but I expect it would be very difficult. If you were stuck for a replacement, you could always fit an alarm switch to the door and wire it in.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks what a good idea, i assume that would be fitted external from the lock.

I have some new information, as mentioned The driver side door light does not work which was led to the conclusion the the switch must be faulty yes as the switch controls the auto up and driver door light ?

I found that if i open both doors the driver side door light goes on, but if the passenger door is closed, and the driver side door is open the driver side door light does not work. The driver door light only works if both doors are open.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts