Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 2006 407 Coupe with the power folding mirrors. I have recently noticed that the mirror housing on the passenger side mirror is loose/wobbly, the mirror itself functions just fine and where is attached to the door it is secure, its the cover itself that is loose. when travelling at speeds in excess of 80mph the loose cover makes an awful noise.

I was wondering is anyone else has suffered with a similar issue and if anyone could provide some guidance on how to cure the issue or if I need to replace the whole mirror.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
***UPDATE***​

I've had the back cover of the mirror off (breaking a clip in the process!) and I've also managed to remove the mirror glass but I can see no way of tightening up the mirror to reduce the shaking/wobbling :confused:

Would really appreciate some help!

D

·
0 Posts
There won't be a way to tighten it. Unless you drive screws into it. Only cure, new mirror.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that David,

The mirror only rattles at really high speed and functions perfectly well so I can't quite justify the cost of replacing the entire unit. I've got friends with 307CC's and they've never had this issue, no play on their mirrors at all whereas I have play in both of mine, signifiacntly more so on the passenger side. Might have to try and find a DIY fix!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts