Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2006 2.7. Had the cambelt done last week, picked the car up last Thursday and it has been fine until yesterday. It now keeps going into limp mode, sometimes coming up with speed control system fault message but not always. No other fault messages coming up. Have tried disconnecting the battery to reset ECU, car was fine for about 10 minutes and then went into limp mode again.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s in a garage for diagnostic, we’ll see what comes up.

Typically, it drove fine this morning, so only seems to happen when the car is warmed up, so bad connection somewhere seems a good bet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Garage found a few fault codes which they cleared- p1351, 0408,0403 ( which I expect as EGR are blanked), p0104.

Car drive fine all day until I went out to pick up my girlfriend, the speed control error message came up again and it went into limp mode again, so it’s definately connected to the cruise control.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Cruise control issue will more than likely be a consequence and not a cause .

The air mass code is the important one

Cruise uses engine load signals to operate so if anything goes wrong with these signals cruise often becomes disabled .

How are the egrs blanked off ...are they plated off on the valves themselves ?

You need to look at both air mass signals in live data and log at various engine loads , they should be pretty even between the banks .

If they are not even the trunking from turbos to air mass meters needs to be checked for secure fitting :
If the turbo pipe work is good but the air mass readings are showing a big difference between banks .....next step ......

If the the egrs where plated off could the plates have fell out when any of the pipe work was removed for the cam belt job , one could be plated off and the other one is not

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I work on site, drove from Fife to near Chester with no problems the morning, kept the CC turned off.

Will check hoses etc when I get a chance, but this does seem to point to the CC being the cause of the problem?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Try and get it on Peugeot Planet, it will give you an indication of what's going wrong that way. Standard diagnostics are pointless usually.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers, yes will do when I get a chance. Just drove back from Crewe to Fife again with no problems as the site was shut with the weather. Very glad I fitted Crossclimates!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts